Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...well you don't have to imagine it anymore, someone has:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk

Enjoy the finest display of too much investment into P99 I have ever seen.
I think anyone who still plays this, whether you’re in the “good guy guild” or “bad guy guild” needs to take a hard look in the mirror before clicking login. If you can say with a straight face that this is what’s required to relive my dreams of raiding in EQ well maybe it’s time to let those dreams go lol.

Any GMs out there, the way you kill this, stop allowing multiple accounts. No more coth or idol bots, no more plvlers and porters, none of that.

You want to keep the coffers open then don’t complain too much when the you receive a thesis paper from some angry elves...
Old 12-31-2020, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

oof
Old 12-31-2020, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like AG/F is breaking so many raid rules that Riot is forced to petition because AG/F won't make it right even when they're clearly in the wrong and might end up triggering another blanket suspension across the board. Might be the only way they can get FrAG to stop cheating at this point.
FTFY
Old 12-31-2020, 07:13 PM
Banned

This sorta effort is beyond guild v guild. Heck every guild has it's good and bad.

This is an example of the depth that some people find themselves in on P99 in what should be a hobby/escapism/fun activity.

You could swap all the guild names around and 20 year hate people have for each other from the 30 guild iterations blue has had and just observe the effort that a person has gone too for whatever aggrevences they obviously felt that week. Once you start Dear Diarying it's time to /quit the game for your own mental and physical safety imho.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sorta effort is beyond guild v guild. Heck every guild has it's good and bad.

This is an example of the depth that some people find themselves in on P99 in what should be a hobby/escapism/fun activity.

You could swap all the guild names around and 20 year hate people have for each other from the 30 guild iterations blue has had and just observe the effort that a person has gone too for whatever aggrevences they obviously felt that week. Once you start Dear Diarying it's time to /quit the game for your own mental and physical safety imho.
Maybe before then.

I think a lot of ppl are just dying. Dying of old age. Degeneracy. Covid. Gluttony. Dying right along side America. Because they are old and tired and have been destroyed by decades of Coca-cola induced stupidity and stupor.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe before then.

I think a lot of ppl are just dying. Dying of old age. Degeneracy. Covid. Gluttony. Dying right along side America. Because they are old and tired and have been destroyed by decades of Coca-cola induced stupidity and stupor.
So this is like their outlet. Cuz they started playing this game when their minds were able to learn still. So all the new stuff the experienced falls away and their left with their old habits.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

So like they can still output some interesting infos. But like its in the form of P99 guild grievence psychopathy. Because its kind of like their haze dreams of pixel questing getting tangled up in what they are good at, typing into the computer (what they did the last 30 years of their life).

This place either has reached max level entropy or its gonna get really interesting by 2034.

I think the project should still go on obviously, it's important and who cares of ppl are nuts. It's like the kind of nuts they are used to.

Some will get some spiritual growth from it. Otherwise likely a solid 1/3rd the population would just quit and drool on themselves and blow up ATnT buildings cuz "horns".
Old 12-31-2020, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

I can't exactly feel bad or even really feel for these people. But I can enjoy the insanity while I still can. I don't think its wrong to get a laugh about it.

I do think ppl are genuinely hurting tho. I doubt this game is like the actual reason. It's just another pack of cigarettes or wad of weed. For some.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

So maybe consider that these people losing their minds over some dragon pixel, really do need your emotional support, wisdom and grace.

I'm not saying to do anything. I'm just trying to suggest that while you are here and lookin inward at the trainwreck from without, consider, whatever it is, that you can be a voice of peace and solace. Some bit of guidance.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:09 PM
Large Bat

That was unexpectadly deep.
Closed Thread