Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Default jboots camp - rules/understandings

When camping jboots, what are the general rules and/or understandings?

Can I leave zone to xp or farm, go have dinner, etc., or do I need to be at the camp and at the keyboard.

Is it okay to kill AC and have an alt loot?

Best to group?

Etc., etc..

Thanks
Old 05-29-2021, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Assume you are talking about OoT camp. No idea of rules but if you kill and log an alt camped there to loot that shouldn't ever be a problem - just announce in OOC what the alt that is looting is.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Really up to whoever is holding the list, I think most people are okay with you wandering to like seafuries and farming or something, or afking at the camp (unless it becomes your turn and you are afk, you probably lose your spot), but leaving the zone or logging to an alt might not be ok with some people.

Also remember that the list is passed from person to person, so people might have different understandings of the rules that can change when it gets handed over.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 05-29-2021, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

If I were on the list I would not feel okay with someone leaving the zone or even going off to kill something else like seafuries. Why even call it a camp then if you're not going to camp it??? Afk while you wait for your turn, sure fine, but when you're up I would feel like you need to be there to kill the placeholder promptly when it spawns. I personally wouldn't care if you logged in an alt to loot it.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I were on the list I would not feel okay with someone leaving the zone or even going off to kill something else like seafuries. Why even call it a camp then if you're not going to camp it??? Afk while you wait for your turn, sure fine, but when you're up I would feel like you need to be there to kill the placeholder promptly when it spawns. I personally wouldn't care if you logged in an alt to loot it.
Most player run lists its ok to go camp something else or to leave the zone, but don't expect people to wait around for you to get back. Your turn is up and you are not there, you get kicked off the list. But they should at least get a heads up for being up on the list. That was generally the LIVE rules when I played 20yrs ago. No one wants to waste time AFK for camps all the time, you have to accomplish some goals while playing. No one ever waited AFK on LIVE for camps FYI. It boggles the mind people do it here. I camp the camps AFK, not wait for them AFK.
Last edited by NPC; 05-29-2021 at 03:42 PM..
Old 05-29-2021, 03:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Agree.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most player run lists its ok to go camp something else or to leave the zone, but don't expect people to wait around for you to get back. Your turn is up and you are not there, you get kicked off the list. But they should at least get a heads up for being up on the list. That was generally the LIVE rules when I played 20yrs ago. No one wants to waste time AFK for camps all the time, you have to accomplish some goals while playing. No one ever waited AFK on LIVE for camps FYI. It boggles the mind people do it here.
I can't believe your assertion that "no one ever waited AFK on LIVE for camps FYI". Lots of people here make bogus claims, asserting as facts incorrect things regarding how they remember things worked in live.

Secondly, I guess I'm mainly just going off how the /list command worked. I did the /list in Najena for my jboots and you were not allowed to leave the area for any prolonged period of time without also losing your place on the list. Obviously jboots now is not a client-side /list anymore and is being player-run so it's the prerogative of the players to run it however they want. But I feel that it is much more in the spirit of classic EverQuest that you have to be present at the camp to maintain your spot than to be allowed to just be wherever until your time is up. Again, how are you camping something if you're even there? That makes no sense. That's not a camp then. Does that mean it *should* be that way now? Not necessarily. It's 2021, not 1999.

In any case though, seems like OP should just go to OOT and clarify how things work with the players who are on the list.
Last edited by TripSin; 05-29-2021 at 03:52 PM..
Old 05-29-2021, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
In any case though, seems like OP should just go to OOT and clarify how things work with the players who are on the list.

Didn't think it would hurt to ask about the etiquette of the camp before engaging the camp.

If the current #1 on the list makes up the rules as they see fit, I can live with that.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcortez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't think it would hurt to ask about the etiquette of the camp before engaging the camp.

If the current #1 on the list makes up the rules as they see fit, I can live with that.
I'm not saying the #1 makes up the rules, just that it makes a lot more sense to just go ask the people who are actually on the list than to ask here.
Closed Thread