Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Default Bug reports

hello

I understand the server has not been down in a long time.

I bet people are reluctant to do so because it requires alot of work and people are very understanding.

And on the other end there are people who have their own set of fixes they wish to have made and when the server comes down this means more loot for everyone.

i have reported a handful of major bugs that are affecting me lvling as a solo wizard who made this class because i am not interested in grouping.

We are talking about major targeting bugs, to unbalanced resists for the solo wizard. To timelines being completely messed up and speech and quest errors that dont even make sense. Vendors not having items they are supposed to on them etc etc in just a few weeks.

When will the people that run this server wake up?

Not to brag, but i think i have posted more legitimate bugs and things that need fixes in 1 month than the number of those that appear in the actual fixes / description over the course of years.

Are people not experiencing these same targeting bugs ? resists ? timelines and NPC speech errors ? or are they just all 60 and only interested in raiding ?

it seems like this server is asleep.

I mean, i know most of you sewer rats couldnt care a less about the entire plague timeline and quests being messed up or about some wizard vendor saying she is from the order of tree and not the order of three (yeah shes been saying this the entire time the servers been up).

And i know you are all too 1337 of raiders to even know what a resist or targeting bug is.

but come on.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Quest815; 09-26-2021 at 01:03 PM..
Old 09-26-2021, 05:05 PM
Project Manager

Moved this whinging drivel to rants and flames where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest815 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to brag, but i think i have posted more legitimate bugs and things that need fixes in 1 month than the number of those that appear in the actual fixes / description over the course of years.
Fascinating.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest815 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are they just all 60 and only interested in raiding ?
Yeah, pretty much. You'll find that P99 for whatever reason is extremely focused on end game content with little attention given to other aspects of the game. I've explained this before but things like the channeling rate being way more successful on P99 than live results in players quickly hitting max level. Most of the risk from level 1-30 doesn't exist on P99 because of flawed mechanics.

This cascades into the shitty social environment on P99 as well particularly for players who want to group/solo without joining a guild and getting power leveled. Everything on P99 generally revolves around using bugs and broken mechanics that are "classic" to quickly get to level 50 and then deciding which guild you're going to exclusively play with from there.

Max level on P99 is fairly accurate to live but the journey there is a sick trivial joke. Level 1 channeling success rate of 70%? It was something like 10-20% on live. A 70% success rate was closer to level 40. This was proven by a classic client decompile. Random forum neck beards have claimed this can't be fixed due to the client but the staff have not commented from what I've seen.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moved this whinging drivel to rants and flames where it belongs.

Fascinating.
Care to comment on the channeling rate? I really am interested in hearing if this is a known bug, can't be fixed, not enough evidence, etc.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343453

Bumping old bug report thread again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin View Post
So Torven sent me the logic they use on TAKP which I've given to the P99 devs. They took their code from a client decompile so it's as close as I imagine you could get to accuracy. A Trilogy client decompile would be interesting to see, perhaps the logic is in there too (TAKP's client code has a few extra lines to handle channeling AAs, they modify the roll a bit). But looking at it I doubt it changed much.

Based on what I see, channeling is indeed overpowered on p99.

Low level characters should start out with only a 10% chance to channel through hits, which climbs a hill from a minimum roll of 39 to a maximum roll of 370, out of 391, as you progress your levels and channeling skill. It caps at 95% chance to channel.

Additionally you get a level bonus to channel if the spell you are casting is more than 5 levels lower than you are.

Chance to channel is effectively capped at 10% until level 6. Then it scales slowly upwards as a function of level and channeling skill.

My level 3 iksar shaman was about 50/50 to channel through hits on p99 which always felt off. Her chance should be 10%.

A level 10 caster with max channeling and casting a level 8 spell should have a 16% chance to channel.

A level 20 caster with max channeling and casting a 20th spell should have a 31% chance to channel. But casting level 4 gate, they would have a 44% chance to channel due to level bonus.

A level 55 SK with 210 channeling, casting Feign Death (level 30 spell for them) would have a 73% chance to channel (due also to level bonus).

That should give you an idea of how it scales.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:30 PM
Aviak

I am sorry to all of you that have seen my posts over the years. I was wrong the entire time.

This mother fucker is the only one who needs Jesus.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
a solo wizard who made this class because i am not interested in grouping.
Quote:
Not to brag, but i think i
Quote:
I mean, i know most of you sewer rats couldnt care a less about
Quote:
And i know you are all too 1337 of raiders to even know what a resist or targeting bug is.

Quote:
a solo wizard who made this class because groups are not interested in me joining.
FTFY
Old 09-26-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Care to comment on the channeling rate? I really am interested in hearing if this is a known bug, can't be fixed, not enough evidence, etc.
This dude has become such a loser that he is now talking shit to volunteer staff who made a server that he can play on for free.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dude has become such a loser that he is now talking shit to volunteer staff who made a server that he can play on for free.
Quote:
Random forum neck beards have claimed this can't be fixed due to the client but the staff have not commented from what I've seen.
You know it's pretty amazing that you both claim me asking Nilbog if he can comment is "talking shit" and that you're exactly the random forum neck beard I was referring to and here you are.

Stay bad bro. You know if channeling ever gets fixed you won't be able to play P99 anymore because you'll never get past level 3.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know it's pretty amazing that you both claim me asking Nilbog if he can comment is "talking shit" and that you're exactly the random forum neck beard I was referring to and here you are.

Stay bad bro. You know if channeling ever gets fixed you won't be able to play P99 anymore because you'll never get past level 3.
Sorry, I seem to have misplaced the number for the waambulance but as soon as I can find it I'll call one for ya
Closed Thread