Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-28-2022, 09:39 AM
Large Rat

Default Not sure what to do now

I've just come back from an extended EQ break only to find my necro was stripped of gear and cash and sacrificed from 52 down to 45.

Now, I've managed to grind back to 51 and scrape together about 1700 plat. However, I'm getting to a point where level-appropriate stuff is wildly dangerous. Turns out that when you have less than 1k HP, some stuff can just kill you in the duration of a stun.

So how do I actually progress from here? Do I just keep grinding bloodgill goblins till my eyes bleed? I don't feel like I can reasonably contribute to most groups with my mana pool as small as it is.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Join a guild, get hot gear for free, Get sky loot, save your 1700plat, ???, profit.

Imagine a game you can go with other people to kill things on.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

I think what a lot of people fail to realize, perhaps OP included... is that EverQuest is a slow burn type of game. Don't go expecting quick results, and focus on your long game. Some people might do this by making farm classes initially just to be able to then gear out the class they really wanted to play to begin with. In OP's situation, you have no gear, however you are still a 51 necro. You are a farm class... go farm low level dungeons and slowly work your way back to a full set of gear.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 05-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've just come back from an extended EQ break only to find my necro was stripped of gear and cash and sacrificed from 52 down to 45.

Now, I've managed to grind back to 51 and scrape together about 1700 plat. However, I'm getting to a point where level-appropriate stuff is wildly dangerous. Turns out that when you have less than 1k HP, some stuff can just kill you in the duration of a stun.

So how do I actually progress from here? Do I just keep grinding bloodgill goblins till my eyes bleed? I don't feel like I can reasonably contribute to most groups with my mana pool as small as it is.
Necroes can easily solo to 60 with nothing more than a bag of bonechips. Your soloing power and group utility doesn't rely on your mana pool or ability to take hits while unbuffed in the slightest, but rather your massive mana regeneration in lich form, ability to feed mana to healer to keep pulls coming with minimal downtime, and awesome CC abilities and ability to fear kite mobs with very little danger, and the ability to FD when you get unexcepted adds you can't deal with.

Just keep grinding, the higher level you get the easier time with mobs you'll have as level really matters much more than gear. By 60 you will be a solo God and the plat will flow to fill out your gear plenty fast.

At 51 I went back and forth between the spirocs of TD, soloing/duoing lower guk, and Honor Hold guards when I was leveling my necro. HH guards were more lucrative plat wise but far more frequently camped. The spirocs in TD were much easier xp since you have a nice big open area and can juggle fear kiting multiple at once with relatively little danger.

Soloing/duoing Lower Guk, which can generate good plat if you get lucky with drops, and the xp is amazing.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 05-28-2022, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Treants for a week straight will set you up nicely.