Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

The Manaburn had a multiplier and could crit. The multiplier might have been a random 1-3 times mana. It eventually got nerfed so that only 1 manaburn could hit a mob per minute. Before that it was awesome.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 08-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

My Tertiary character was a wizad, though I never got him past 50ish. However I made one on the 51/50 server and promtply got ManaBurn. Even in its nurfed state it was still awesome. When was the refresh? Every hour. Best AA ability ever. I thought the nerf reduced the damage done; not the frequency with which mobs could endure them. Nice to be in the loop now. I recall some guy asking me to duel his pet; and I said nope i only duel players. Had my finger on that manaburn button; but he never did /duel me.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Kobold

The only problem with Manaburn was it left you really exposed. No mana to gate, no mana to root, if you didn't kill what you were casting on instantly you were basically dead. Unless you could run away.

It definitely had it's uses. I used it a number of times on the Tunat fight in GoD during the DPS burn stage to prevent adds from spawning. But that was at a time where we had two different harvests and I could get back into the game quickly after using it.

I am not sure the exact numbers as the spell changed so much. I think they actually changed it two or three different times. The last change made is basically useless in that particular genre of EQ. Was easy to pump out literally twice the damage with a full tank of mana.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall a rumor that I heard back on The Tribunal that we had a wizzie that one-shot VT with a mana burn crit after which there was a hot fix by Verant. Not sure if this was true or not but if it was...damn.
Verified MYTH on snopes.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Prexus had the "Juice Crew"
Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

maybe u confusing original slay undead. For short time while hybrids aas where bugged (yes they messed it so pal sks rangers did win aas faster than other class, it was later changed to be every aa the same amount of xp)), few paladins got the slay undead 3 AA.

the original slay would cric always for 10k of dmg but if u poped holyforge for some reason slay worked on normal mobs .

it was heavy nerfed , as well the luclin paladin silence spell than worked in any boss.
Closed Thread