Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Default So I thought VS rep was useless!

So I thought the rep with Venril Sathir was worthless and that trashing it by killing ogres in TD wouldn't be such a bad thing, I hunted them for about a leven and a half. I invited some friends to group up over there, and one of them mentions that now we couldn't get the OT hammer easily, or at least because of this rep being low now, that we would die after using OT hammer. I'm an Iksar Monk, and I was looking forward to having that little port weapon available to me at some point, did I screw myself? Is this really the rep I need? Are there ways to mend the rep without throwing away another important rep?

And as a side note, are there any other reps I should keep in mind not to screw with if I want to get some cool things in the game? I'm always nervous killing new stuff, I haven't killed any sarnaks yet, or many goblins, just because I haven't researched those reps yet!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

I always had the OT hammer as a Brell Serilis worshipping Dwarf Pally in live. You won't die- especially in your mid 50s up. You just hit the ground running and don't look back =)

Prior to PoK stones I had a hot key for landing. "Good guy ported in and must train please MOVE" or somesuch.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Oh- the bitch was having to use puppet strings for the turn in.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I thought the rep with Venril Sathir was worthless and that trashing it by killing ogres in TD wouldn't be such a bad thing, I hunted them for about a leven and a half. I invited some friends to group up over there, and one of them mentions that now we couldn't get the OT hammer easily, or at least because of this rep being low now, that we would die after using OT hammer. I'm an Iksar Monk, and I was looking forward to having that little port weapon available to me at some point, did I screw myself? Is this really the rep I need? Are there ways to mend the rep without throwing away another important rep?

And as a side note, are there any other reps I should keep in mind not to screw with if I want to get some cool things in the game? I'm always nervous killing new stuff, I haven't killed any sarnaks yet, or many goblins, just because I haven't researched those reps yet!
1. Yes Venril Sathir is the faction you need to get the port hammer. You need amiable to get it.
2. Yes you can get Venril Sathir faction without ruining another faction but it's long as balls
3. No you don't necessarily NEED the faction to get the hammer, just 5k (still the price?) and luck on breaks.
4. No you won't die with a bad Venril Sathir faction when you hammer into OT. You appear on a boat in a safe spot, the skeletons around the boats, when you jump down, are chumps.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Any class that can charm can get it without faction. Rogues and bards can use DE illusion mask to boost faction, and bards can boost it further with faction song.

Any class can use puppet strings, but you better debuff the hell out of him before you waste a charge.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only 136 braids! Assuming you are starting from the base apprehensive standing and haven't done anything to make it worse.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

I think most raid guilds offer a charge of puppet strings to their apps for a small fee (certainly less than 5k) since the OT hammer is so useful for mobilization.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only 136 braids! Assuming you are starting from the base apprehensive standing and haven't done anything to make it worse.
It can be many more than this. I got the hammer on my Iksar SK via the turn in quest. I had done nothing to loose faction when I got to OT but found that my faction was so low (as an Iksar and possibly also because of my SKness) that I could not even turn in braids. I discovered however, that I could turn in braids in wolf form, so I spent many days hunting Berzerkers (which are good exp on top of the good exp for turn ins) and paying Druids for Greater Wolf Form. I think the total number of braids I turned in was somewhat in excess of 200.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can be many more than this. I got the hammer on my Iksar SK via the turn in quest. I had done nothing to loose faction when I got to OT but found that my faction was so low (as an Iksar and possibly also because of my SKness) that I could not even turn in braids. I discovered however, that I could turn in braids in wolf form, so I spent many days hunting Berzerkers (which are good exp on top of the good exp for turn ins) and paying Druids for Greater Wolf Form. I think the total number of braids I turned in was somewhat in excess of 200.
Why didn't you just turn in the jade in wolf form too?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why didn't you just turn in the jade in wolf form too?
because you need amiable faction for the hammer quest, wolf form as i understand it will only get you to indiff
Closed Thread