Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Sarnak

Default City faction in Faydwer

I'm an Iksar monk and I've recently been grouping a lot in MM, not being able to bank or shop safely anywhere is really a drag, I was wondering what I can do to raise my faction with one of these cities. Keep in mind that the only city that doesn't hate me other than cab is Neriak, so running crushbone might ruin my faction there, is there an easy/safe way to raise akanon, or the dwarf city factions?

I've been getting random people in Gfay to bank for me, but I would like to be more self sufficient! thanks <3

Last question, noticing I take a huge penalty with my 55 CHA, I made a High Elf Enchanter with max CHA and my items would sell for twice as much, is it because my faction is low with merchants around here? or cause my CHA needs to be at a certain level to sell efficiently? Maybe I need to find some CHA gear to bring mine to 75+ when I try to sell?

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Fire Giant

Kill lots and lots of orcs in crushbone. Lots..
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordNboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill lots and lots of orcs in crushbone. Lots..
did you read my post? lol, that'll screw my neriak faction won't it?

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Your best bet is Kelethin - I had a DE wiz on live who I made non-KOS. And it's not all of Neriak - I'm pretty sure it's just the warrior guild (Indigo Brotherhood). Plenty of Dark Elves, Ogres, Trolls have become non-kos with Kelethin without affecting their Neriak dealings at all.

One note - the banker is on Kelethin Merchant faction, which is not raised by killing CB orcs. You have to do a LOT of additional legwork to get that one up, and you'll likely start out glare/scowl with the banker (i.e. he attacks you and takes a bunch of guards with him).

But luckily for you, you're a monk with sneak, so that extra effort isn't worth it. Sneak behind banker, bank quickly, profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did you read my post? lol, that'll screw my neriak faction won't it?
It only ruins the warrior's guild. Not the guards, merchants, or anything else in the city.

I would try picking one or the other anyway...not both.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Aviak

Lots of CB orcs....lots. Even then the banker will still be KOS but after a few levels simply sneak behind him. You'll still be able to bank in DE city however, If I remember the necros and junk will hate you.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of CB orcs....lots. Even then the banker will still be KOS but after a few levels simply sneak behind him. You'll still be able to bank in DE city however, If I remember the necros and junk will hate you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It only ruins the warrior's guild. Not the guards, merchants, or anything else in the city.

I would try picking one or the other anyway...not both.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The slave key quest helps with the merchant faction http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Slave_Keys
Also I find the Indigo Brotherhood faction is useless unless you are a warrior.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick687 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The slave key quest helps with the merchant faction http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Slave_Keys
Also I find the Indigo Brotherhood faction is useless unless you are a warrior.
Slave keys are one of the really slow ways to do that. But yeah, if you're already hunting in CB, sure.

These are probably the best quests to do it if you're absolutely committed to getting merch faction up in Kelethin:

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...ors'_Items
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Shark_Meat_Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Kobold

Sneaking behind a merchant makes you indifferent and therefore allows you to use it no matter what your faction is. Also, you don't need to sneak to use a bank. Bankers do not work like merchants, you can click them and bank while they are attacking you. If you are a monk you can click the banker then FD. Trying to raise faction seems like a waste of time to me if you use these tricks, but if it's something you want to do go for it.

Also about vendor prices, charisma and faction both effect the prices you get. The highest a vendor will pay is indifferent at around 200 charisma I think?
Closed Thread