Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Default Monk Weapon Question!

I've got a Wu's Trance Stick, a Knuckle Duster, and a Quivering Staff. And no haste yet!

I was wondering if I should try to ditch the two 1h weapons and just keep my 2h or the other way around, It's mostly about if I should keep the Knuckle Duster or sell it, because I'm trying to afford other things like Jboots, an FBSS, or some Weight Reduction bags, About 1000pp away from getting my Jboots MQ, which is about what a Knuckle Duster is worth.

Just hit level 30 so I don't think I'm capped on damage anymore, and the Quivering Staff is pretty heavy to lug around. I've been switching between 2h and my 1hb set to keep everything leveled up, but was wondering if there was a setup I should try to stick to, or if one theoretically does more damage than the other!

Also KD should be in my main hand, right? O; Thanks!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Aviak

I've always gone by the rule: lowest delay in main hand, best ratio in off hand.

My current combo is Jade Mace 9/18 (50% ratio) in main hand and Adamantite Club 15/25 (60% ratio) in off hand.

Knuckle Dusters are 14/28 (50% ratio) but are quite slow. I would use KDs in off hand and find something with a lower delay for main hand.

R
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Prolly gonna hit haste cap anyway, shoot for 2hb like peacebringer

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Orc

In most instances a good 2hb is going to out do 1hb for monks because we get some pretty awesome 2hb weapons. I currently have a adamantite club/knuckle duster for my 1hb and a peacebringer for 2hb and the peacebringer just brings things down way faster then 1hb combo.

This is copied from another monk thread a while back. Someone apparently parsed the dps of each combo.

Ranked in order (purchasable gear):

Tranquil Staff
Adamantite Club/Stave of Shielding
Runed Fighter's Staff
Peacebringer

Adamantite Club/Knuckle Dusters
Imbued Fighters Staff
Wu's Quivering Staff
(These three almost identical in dps, Ada Club/KD being the best)
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Orc

hard to beat jade mace main hand and adamantite club offhand.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always gone by the rule: lowest delay in main hand, best ratio in off hand.

My current combo is Jade Mace 9/18 (50% ratio) in main hand and Adamantite Club 15/25 (60% ratio) in off hand.

Knuckle Dusters are 14/28 (50% ratio) but are quite slow. I would use KDs in off hand and find something with a lower delay for main hand.

R
Ratio means nothing in off hand.. if i only had a jade mace and adamantite club id go with club in main hand and bare fist in off hand and sell the mace.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

At your level I would avoid advice that says to use fists - at ~30 they're still pretty horrible. If I were you, unhasted and lower level, I'd probably do trance stick in main and KD in off (of the weapons you listed). Maybe sell them and snag an IFS, they're pretty cheap and should out dmg everything you've listed.

If not, download gamparse and find out for yourself which is the best dps. It is pretty easy to use, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I can try to help out with whatever you're having trouble with.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At your level I would avoid advice that says to use fists - at ~30 they're still pretty horrible. If I were you, unhasted and lower level, I'd probably do trance stick in main and KD in off (of the weapons you listed). Maybe sell them and snag an IFS, they're pretty cheap and should out dmg everything you've listed.

If not, download gamparse and find out for yourself which is the best dps. It is pretty easy to use, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I can try to help out with whatever you're having trouble with.
Ok so I said if the adamantite club and jade mace were the only weapons he had.. I would use bare fist in off hand and club in main.. even at level 30 bare fist is higher dmg than the mace.

So I would avoid any advice from someone who does not comprehend the text [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ^
Old 08-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Buy a Peacebringer and be done with it. Or if your rich a T Staff. Leave every other weapon you have in the bank or sell them. End of story. Over and out.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy a Peacebringer and be done with it. Or if your rich a T Staff. Leave every other weapon you have in the bank or sell them. End of story. Over and out.
Did you even bother to read the original post? I'm sure he's very rich.. he's only 1k shy of buying a fbss.
Closed Thread