Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Redid my testing with more mobs and going by average hit instead of DPS (since pulls and laziness on runners can skew results).

Fist mainhand (9 dmg bonus at lvl 52): avg hit of 29
AC mainhand (9 dmg bonus at lvl 52): avg hit of 42

This comes out to roughly 8% difference between the two for me. That difference should continue to increase as the damage bonus goes up. However, one might wonder if it's worth keeping AC in mainhand when soloing or tanking b/c of proc and slower delay for less ripostes.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Last edited by Kutsumo; 12-05-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Anybody know what droppable Velious options (for monk) there will be, with better ratios than currently (for 1hb and 2hb)? If any?
Last edited by Malrubius; 12-06-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Old 12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody know what droppable Velious options (for monk) there will be, with better ratios than currently (for 1hb and 2hb)? If any?
By droppable I assume you mean tradable. I couldn't find anything really 'better' than kunark in the tradable area. There will be some more options though for people who can't afford to twink with the absolute best tho in the form of exquisite velium weapons and some things like:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Efreeti_Ice_Staff

Looks like most of the twinkable monk weapons coming from velious will be gap fillers between the normal 'cheap' stuff and the highest end kunark stuff.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 12-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

The 12/20 velium weapons will be side grades to AC/SoS for offhand. There's no point in mentioning SoD here I think.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Scepter of Mastery won't be too hard to get and that will be an upgrade DPS wise to SoS
Old 12-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

So, there was mention several times in this thread that Monk H2H skill caps lower than 1hb. I just found this in Aeolwinds unofficial timeline:

NOVEMBER 29, 2000
The Monk's hand-to-hand skill cap has been raised to a level equal to their one-handed blunt skill
remove Locket of Escape

Seems like H2H should be = to 1HB for over 2 years now.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 12-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe it should be but its not.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By droppable I assume you mean tradable. I couldn't find anything really 'better' than kunark in the tradable area. There will be some more options though for people who can't afford to twink with the absolute best tho in the form of exquisite velium weapons and some things like:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Efreeti_Ice_Staff

Looks like most of the twinkable monk weapons coming from velious will be gap fillers between the normal 'cheap' stuff and the highest end kunark stuff.
Haven't thought of that one in a long time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread