Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Default 1 Year Anniversary Event!!!

Greetings Pals/Friends/GM's/Trolls!

As you all know, 11/18 is the ONE year anniversary of our beloved Red server.

And Personally, I think it's a huge wasted oppurtunity to not host a PvP Event on SUNDAY 11/18 (I mean, it's even a Sunday!)

The event in Crushbone was very succesful and fun as we all know. Why not host something similar? Tweak the rules a bit, hand out a few classic items that no longer drop, maybe throw out a title or two!? You got yourself a super fun event.

Let's do something constructive for once here on the forums and bring attention to the idea, toss out some suggestion and prepare for teh battle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks to the GM's.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

i would like to see a war event with 2 sides evenly built so we can have a braveheart moment.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Kobold

considering all the hate that was bared on this server for months by rejects and losers,, it is refreshing and satisfying to see it still going strong 1 year after release with population averaging more than 100 the last week on a nightly basis.,,
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Dang, that would be intense. Sort of impractical maybe? I liked the smaller groups (and separated guilds) of the crushbone event.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

true.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. but would be nice to have an event that switch things up a bit. i am certain a few nillys wouldnt mind having the opportunity to beat some of their own's asses. could make two temporary guilds but i can see that bring a problem for the guild leaders because they would have to transfer leadership and such. I mean it wouldn't be too difficult but people are lazy as fuck.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

there can be some seriously badass events with pvp enabled but they would take a little planning from the staff and guild leaders to make it happen. i guess we could do a player one but itll have to be smaller/simpler.

what about a 5 man team based tourney in arena. have guilds make a pact to not interfere. we can post people at ent to arena to keep event crashers out. get people to get their 5 man team together and register for tourney. doesnt have to be in same guild. well make a bracket. will enforce botb rules and such. would be fun to watch.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 11-14-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeasy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
considering all the hate that was bared on this server for months by rejects and losers,, it is refreshing and satisfying to see it still going strong 1 year after release with population averaging more than 100 the last week on a nightly basis.,,
u,,,,..r,,,,a..,,moran,,..,,...,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,
Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what about a 5 man team based tourney in arena. have guilds make a pact to not interfere. we can post people at ent to arena to keep event crashers out. get people to get their 5 man team together and register for tourney. doesnt have to be in same guild. well make a bracket. will enforce botb rules and such. would be fun to watch.
This right here has some serious potential. I like the idea of the groups being randomized though. Else we would have six VP Geared Nihilum fighting six low 50's brethren etc. Randomize the teams and this would work beautifully. BoTb rules would be great. Bracket would be cool.

Really wouldn't be able to force 12 people to fight on that small platform though...would have to allow pvp through the whole arena.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Thrive Alive 2012.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

ya actually that could work, have people throw their names down if interested. a few people will break down everyone and try to build even teams. the only problem i can see is that 5 man teams usually have a strategy/plan. if we make teams random they would have to know a few days in advance to work out a game plan. too bad there arent other vp geared 60s so this wouldnt be so unbalanced.