Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Orc

Default Toxicity

I played for about 6 months on Blue after coming back to EQ after ~20 years, and enjoyed it for the most part, but was really looking forward to a fresh start. I ran into my fair share of asshats, only got involved with GMs twice after trying to reason with blatant douchelords, but was ok with the general population.

I had a feeling when the news of "Green" was posted on IGN and Kotaku to name a few, that a lot of trolls, griefers and min/maxers would go through the trouble of setting up the client, downloading patches and provisioning accounts, just to be douches. I was not wrong.
When Teal opened, I figured that'd probably sort some chaff from the wheat. I was wrong.

Between camps being rolled over because "population is too high", people ninja looting while waiting for a dead group member to get back to loot (from Surefall to Blackburrow... calm your tits), and being bitched at about being under-geared (in full banded with a combine weapon at lvl 12, 24 hours in) made me realize that it really does take a few bad apples to fuck everyone's day.

And the "kthnxbai" respondents are likely the same assholes (or their enablers) that I'm talking about.

TL;DR:
Some people are just miserable cunts who take pleasure in ruining others fun. If this hadn't been a magnet for said people, I'd still be playing.

-encopitt
Old 11-13-2019, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Avoid these sour people. There are a lot of genuine good people who don't want the drama.
You'll inevitably run into annoying people but I feel the majority are good people if you chat with them.

I've lied to jerk players to make them feel like I was one of them. Just so they'd get off my toes at a camp. You don't have to stoop to their level but if you can convince them you think similar to how they do sometimes they'll leave you alone. Then you just go on about your life.

Keep the interactions to /tell
Don't engages these people in /ooc or /shout
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-13-2019 at 10:25 AM..
Old 11-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

You should Still play good sir. I've met some great peeps on here looking at you Honko, Sincity, Bradshaw, and many others. That once you find you can keep just adding them to /friends. There is a /note function that is a good way of tracking not only friends but those who do crappy things. The world is huge, 1400/1000 players depending on your server. You gonna find both. Heck EQ still has one of the greatest communitys. Don't let a few bad apples ruin your playing or day. Leave em and move on[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Ps. I should share the story of what happen yesterday in HHK which a two people who are on my blacklist. But doesn't stop me from enjoying the game.(Hell was fun getting back at em!)
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 11-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by encopitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played for about 6 months on Blue after coming back to EQ after ~20 years, and enjoyed it for the most part, but was really looking forward to a fresh start. I ran into my fair share of asshats, only got involved with GMs twice after trying to reason with blatant douchelords, but was ok with the general population.

I had a feeling when the news of "Green" was posted on IGN and Kotaku to name a few, that a lot of trolls, griefers and min/maxers would go through the trouble of setting up the client, downloading patches and provisioning accounts, just to be douches. I was not wrong.
When Teal opened, I figured that'd probably sort some chaff from the wheat. I was wrong.

Between camps being rolled over because "population is too high", people ninja looting while waiting for a dead group member to get back to loot (from Surefall to Blackburrow... calm your tits), and being bitched at about being under-geared (in full banded with a combine weapon at lvl 12, 24 hours in) made me realize that it really does take a few bad apples to fuck everyone's day.

And the "kthnxbai" respondents are likely the same assholes (or their enablers) that I'm talking about.

TL;DR:
Some people are just miserable cunts who take pleasure in ruining others fun. If this hadn't been a magnet for said people, I'd still be playing.

-encopitt
Told you (and everyone else) so.

Personally, my experience with green has been fantastic. No fighting with anyone. No needing guides or having guides called in on me. No KSing since I was level 3 on launch day. Amicable deals over contested exp camps.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Orc

Glad your experience differed from mine, tbh.
Given the fact 90% of the players are in their 30s-40s, I can't help but think how truly boned some of these peoples lives are, that they feel the need to be asses to complete strangers for fun.
I'll check back in a few months with what was intended to be a high level char, but will be inadequate compared with the twinks that'll be around by then.

-encopitt
Old 11-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by encopitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given the fact 90% of the players are in their 30s-40s, I can't help but think how truly boned some of these peoples lives are, that they feel the need to be asses to complete strangers for fun.
I'll check back in a few months with what was intended to be a high level char, but will be inadequate compared with the twinks that'll be around by then.

-encopitt
I wouldn't worry about your gear. The instance you cited is unusual and I have never seen someone say something like that before, so it's definitely not common. Gear isn't really needed. I've joined groups with essentially zero gear on Blue where everyone else is twinked out of their minds. You'll be okay.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Of our city, if our ciiiity!
Now, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder, disorder!
Fire Giant

The common thread in all these issues is, unfortunately, you.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Given the fact 90% of the players are in their 30s-40s
This is probably the worst part. When these people are acting out it's some guy in his mid 30s irl. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

-encopitt
My 8-year-old son came home from school yesterday upset because kids that annoy him were playing with his friends, and so he didn't play with any of his friends at recess, and he said his day was bad because of it. When I told him that there are annoying people everywhere in life and that you need to learn how to ignore them or otherwise cope with their presence, and not let them ruin your fun, he ran to his room screaming.

And here we are on P99 fourms. A bunch of grown-ass adults. And you're quitting P99 at least for the time being because a handful of people annoyed you. And you're complaining on the forums about them. And you think they might all disappear in the future. So you're bemoaning the situation partly of your own making "oh the twinks that'll be everywhere by then. the horror, the horror."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-13-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Closed Thread