Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 11:08 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'll tell you that their work/life/EQ balance is healthy and that you just have to get better at time management, but if any of them are drawing anything but welfare, it's at the expense of other people doing the actual work. So basically they are a drain on the players of the server and the workforce and their families.
The things people will tell themselves because they can't be competitive.

I'll put my W2 up against anyone on the server.

And the number of people who have more lifetime FTEs is in the single digits.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanq just FTEd vindi a couple min after he popped on pop day with KT in window steamrolling two casual guilds forming for it, on a server 6 years into velious with ~500 active players and dropping. Maybe when it's just them on an empty server they'll have finally beat EQ.
6 years of velious and these guilds still haven't learned how to FTE vindi?
Old 08-12-2021, 11:21 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant49333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rooted dragons was a failed experiment which created the TOV zerg meta. No longer can you and 30 of your friends pull a top tier dragon and kill it competitively. Gotta crawl with 100 people and play who can kite the most trash at once. Not only is it the most unfun way to kill dragons in everquest it's also unclassic.
This is absolutely correct.

Guild consolidation occurred explicitly because of the zerg meta required to win vulaks due to rooted dragons.

If you had to state why guild consolidation has occurred over the last 2-3 years, rooted dragons is undoubtedly the #1 reason.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The things people will tell themselves because they can't be competitive.

W2? Is your Camry the nicest Camry on the server too? I bet you get your taxes done at H&R Block.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know how to use imgur.

put your money where your mouth is.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanq just FTEd vindi a couple min after he popped on pop day with KT in window steamrolling two casual guilds forming for it, on a server 6 years into velious with ~500 active players and dropping. Maybe when it's just them on an empty server they'll have finally beat EQ.
This warms my heart
Old 08-13-2021, 10:30 AM
Orc

Quote:

How insecure do you have to be to make an empty offer to show your tax statement to strangers on an elf simulator?
Old 08-13-2021, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on Tarew Marr, we crawled ToV, but when we got there, we still basically zerg'd em down.
Who were you on Tarew Marr? What guild
Old 08-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How insecure do you have to be to make an empty offer to show your tax statement to strangers on an elf simulator?
I think the point is pretty clear.

Every time a guild gets out played, they say the other team lives in their moms basement. Just read through the forums if you need examples. It comes up in almost every thread.

As a simple retort, I stated that I have been both very successful in FTEing dragons and in my career.

I'm sorry if this exchange went over your head.
Old 08-13-2021, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think the point is pretty clear.

Every time a guild gets out played, they say the other team lives in their moms basement. Just read through the forums if you need examples. It comes up in almost every thread.
Most of us are 300lb obese Lawyer Doctor millionaires who live in our moms basement and only date 10/10 playboy bunnies.