Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm talking about the TLP that is in classic. You're probably talking about The Serpent Shrine or some other weird shit I've never even played before.

Solo'ing feels utterly fruitless on TLP, even if you are the most solo-friendly class like Necro it feels like you are absolutely gimping yourself by solo'ing. Mana regen is faster because combat is faster.
This was on Aradune the week Kunark dropped. Within a week the market was flooded with pre nerf fungi staffs because of seblis zone instancing, and TLP servers don't remove limited content very quickly. It is up for weeks instead of the classic timeline of one week. I bought a pre nerf fungi staff for like 2 krono.

I do agree the faster mana regen makes combat faster, which is probably why you are oom more often. But faster combat means faster leveling, which is another thing that makes TLP easier. Honestly even at level 37 on TLP I don't bother with resing because it is pretty quick to just make up the xp due to the fungi staff regen and faster mana regen/clarity pots.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a cleric and shadowknight leveled to 60 on Aradune and can confirm it is ez mode. I don't think I've even logged in since the 2nd toon hit 60 cuz it's meh.
try getting to 65 an beating GoD in a few weeks )
Old 06-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

oh is that what it is faster mana regen?

I was gonna say I didnt even meditate until level 23

I was like wtf is this counterstrike WOOO LOOT PINYATAS!

faster mana regen makes the game a cake walk, not harder haha
Old 06-02-2021, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try getting to 65 an beating GoD in a few weeks )
I don't even know what expansion they are on now. I think last I logged in was before SoL release a few months ago.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

can confirm I look like a tard trying to get flame lick to pull agro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2021, 01:13 PM
Banned

still pretty easy to die go roll an untwinked froglok and dont use a merc
Old 06-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoyed the counterstrique quest.

I was soloing yellow nameds in kerra as a ranger at 22 it was super fun.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:41 PM
Banned

just wait till u hit lvl 95 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

On live I was that level casting arch of arrows for like 20k damage on sitting casters on zek but I dont remember it being this easy I think that's because I went to seal training camp here though.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

faster mana regen makes the game a cake walk, not harder haha
IDK about all that, it's really hard to compare this to P99

On P99 Green during classic to get through level 45 you got a case of beer and spent 30 hours at Kobold Royals waiting 20 minutes at a time for more mobs to spawn. On TLP at level 45 you sit at BNB, pull all of Kobold Royals, clear all of BNB, and start pulling Imps and Fire Giants. All at once. This is the actual standard. I find myself constantly OOM and hoping no one notices that I let Resist Magic run off the tank and that he might get stunned by a Sonic bat and wipe. I just don't have the mana to re-buff, but if we stop to med we may lose a mob to a competing group.

Is this easier? IMHO no. Not even close. Me and my tanks regularly die. I don't think I've ever died at Kobold Royals son P99.

Now you could make the argument that you can just buy Krono, and that is true, but again, there are two types of players in this world. People who buy Krono, and those of us who do not need to. I did the math on it this morning and realized I'm making about as much money playing EverQuest as I make crypto mining.
Closed Thread