Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

If you have good weight reduction bags, farm Droga. Loot fine steel, goblin chain and skins and salts. The skins and salts sell really well to other players and the other drops will net you a few hundred an hour as well.

Biggest downside is selling if you don't have OT faction. But hammer to OT and quick sell even at half plat is still better money than trying to run to FV/Cab to sell. But you can always skip the fine steel and just focus on plat drops like Earring of Essence and the skins and salts.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Hmm. Droga is a good time. With my pet, we tend to wreck in there fairly well.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

I'd highly suggest not farming raw plat and just go trio Fungi King. You should have no problems pulling it. Another idea, since you have a pet, you should also be able to easily sniped random nameds in dungeons. Learn what spawns to check for and make a habit out of dipping in near by dungeons and seeing what's up as you go about your normal EQ life. You can also park a char in SRO and check for AC in your down time for an extra plat kicker.

If you really want raw plat, I'll throw out HHK and Paineel as options, since you can sell and bank in those zones, which is very good for efficiency.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Join a raiding guild, acquire DKP, spend DKP on items that you can sell.

You're welcome.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

I thought the vendor assist ruined paineel farms?
Old 09-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Paineel plat is really bad regardless of if the vendors assist. Compared to Droga at least.
like HK it's good as you are leveling since you get two birds with one stone (xp and plat).

Also vendor and guard faction have to be in alignment for them to assist. I'm not sure on Paineel but there are zones this isnt a thing.

IMHO, I'd make a trash farm char or a rare-item/gems camp char. I went mage for the drooling ease of kicking back with a couple drinks in Droga. Ench or sham for the harder camps that involve killing named spawns. A necro is somewhere in the middle. Plus if you level up on guards you will probably make 15-30k in plat by the time you are in the mid 50's, probably more if you kill every green holding a fine steel short sword along the way.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

And please don't be "that guy" and kill every guard in HK for plat when people are trying to level there.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And please don't be "that guy" and kill every guard in HK for plat when people are trying to level there.

I do that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2021, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Where does an SK sell from droga though? LOIO? Skele form to Cab? Hammers not great, because OT vendors are all greedy. I guess you could vial to thurg then try and get a port back. For a caster (specifically a porter) I get it, but I'm not seeing how the farm session in droga doesn't just end for an SK once their bags are full.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join a raiding guild, acquire DKP, spend DKP on items that you can sell.

You're welcome.
I am a victim of this. I couldn't resist seeing someone selling a white dragon helm

so I blew my entire bank plus some beads for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

didn't really know where to put so I plopped it on my chanter
Closed Thread