Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Default help

Been trying to get this going for awhile. I've just installed el capitan - is there anyone on here I could talk to for some help???
Old 10-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boptop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been trying to get this going for awhile. I've just installed el capitan - is there anyone on here I could talk to for some help???
Hey, I made a small step-by-step guide when you update to El Capitan on this Reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999..._x_el_capitan/

Hopes this helps.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Ok, I got .51 downloaded. The issue I'm hitting now is this error message: The application X11 could not be opened. An error occurred while starting the X11 server: "Failed to activate core devices."

I'm active on the reddit thread now as well - not sure which is better to communicate through...
Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Orc

I had that error when I failed to update the engine. Make sure you also upgrade the engine to 2.6.1
Old 10-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i got it to work this is as close as i find to get it right, i had to twink it a little still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNbEUVweM
Old 10-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Aviak

1. Copy/pasted the EQ Titanium folder from my Parallels into my c_drive folder
2. Made sure all the current distribution files were present
3. Wineskin Advanced window was properly set
4. eqclient.ini was set to windowed mode

Clicking on the icon got me a single bounce, then nothing happens. Have I missed a step?

On a mid 2010 iMac
version 10.9.5
ATI Radeon HD 4670
Old 10-22-2015, 08:41 AM
Aviak

@Cosette - tbh I just followed the youtube video linked above step by step and didn't have any issues. Did it a couple of months ago on a late 2011 iMac running 10.8.1

It's a great guide so you shouldn't have any probs if you follow it.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Default EUREKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahdu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Cosette - tbh I just followed the youtube video linked above step by step and didn't have any issues. Did it a couple of months ago on a late 2011 iMac running 10.8.1

It's a great guide so you shouldn't have any probs if you follow it.
Thanks! I ended up following the YouTube video as well, reinstalled everything instead of copypasta from Parallels, and everything worked out just fine. AND I AM ELATED. YouTube video in question for those who just got here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNbEUVweM

Couple of minor details I noticed that may help others:
  • HEY! THIS WORKED ON MAVERICK! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The YouTube video I watched said otherwise.
  • When you're replacing the P99 files, you have to be very careful to replace the CONTENTS of the folders, not the entire folders themselves. I blew it and replaced my 'default' uifiles folder completely and I was getting the same thing where nothing happened. Had to totally reinstall. Fuuu.
  • I also blew it with the spell files, which I don't believe was mentioned in the video since it references an older version of the P99 files thatn the current. Also necessary to replace the contents and not the folder itself.
  • If your mouse gets stuck when you open the game, alt tab/switch windows and click back onto the window and it should be fine.

A huge thank you to everyone who put this together. I mean really guys. Playing on Parallels/Bootcamp is such a pain in my ass so needless to say I am very very very pleased. This was a great way to come back after 3 years.
Last edited by Cosette; 10-22-2015 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: AddedYouTube link so folks don't have to search back so far
Old 10-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Aviak

Glad it worked out for you Cosette
Old 11-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to zschwarzmiller
Default Updating Mac - Last Played May 2015

Greetings Fellow P99 Comrades: I haven't logged into EQ since May of 2015. I realize Velious has launched since this and I will need to update my EQ files in order to be able to login. Does anyone have a link to point me in the direction of where I can pick up from May 2015 to get myself back into EQ? Thank You!