Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Default Solo'n Lodizal

Saw a thread saying Druids can solo Lodi.

So is this possible by a 60 Druid? And if so how?
Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Involves using Dire Charm (Luclin AA) on Corudoth low level turtle with massive, massive amounts of HP. Load up DS on him after Dire Charming and go at it.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Not doable on P99 without an incredible amount of luck and clickies.

You would need a Soulfire, Reaper, Mallet, Tash Stick, Puppet Strings, Robe of the Spring, Epic, and all your spells.

There are 2 decent gnolls you can charm to kill him. One has a ton of HP but weak DPS. Another has solid DPS but low HP. You would likely have to burn your CH clickies keeping the low HP pet up and then swap to the high DPS pet when low HP one dies, and hope you landed an epic snare recently and aggro kite around while your pet plays rogue, healing yourself in between. This would be contingent upon procing a Tash early and not getting too many resists on Mallet throughout the fight.

Theoretically I think a Druid could pull it off. I don't think it would be worth it at all though.

As Ele said, those posts are Luclin era using Dire Charm to charm a magic immune turtle (Corduth). He cannot be charmed on this server.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

I got him to like 70% on beta using Keraf Spiritwhatever but then my initial Midnight mallet slow wore off ( first click stuck, next 4 resist ) and it was pretty much over

I did not have a tash stick on Keraf which would have helped but I was gonna run out of mana, Robe of the Spring was probably not going to keep him up, granted I did not have an Epic on beta at the time
Old 09-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

So would it be possible to kite him? If I had a pet and if I snared him or would he just summon me to death?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronasch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So would it be possible to kite him? If I had a pet and if I snared him or would he just summon me to death?
I would imagine so, unless you were extremely lucky with mallet charges
Old 09-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronasch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possible? Theoretically, it would cost you a huge amount of resources (think soulfire, reaper, wort pots, tash stick, midnight mallet, puppet strings for charming the gnoll, bladestopper/outside runes, outside HP buffing, enough high end HP/AC gear to stand up to his melee as a druid) and you have to be extremely lucky on resist checks to get the slow to land.

Probable? No, roll a 60 torpor shaman.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Would summon you to death.

If you could use the pet Eratani mentions (requires puppet strings) plus a few CH Clicks and you have good luck on Midnight Mallet slowing him... You could probably get him down to around 20% or so.

If you can keep him snared and then charm the high DPS pet you may be able to aggro kite and heal yourself in between summons to kill him.

It would be an extremely intense kill and not really viable on this server because it would require you kite around to land debuffs and such. People will petition you for stalling.

If you're after specific loot I suggest getting a shaman and tank friend and trying to camp/trio it.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Hathaway, where you at?

Lets bring some of that Phinny luck to Iceclad!
Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Aviak

I'm going to go out on a limb and state a single shaman couldn't solo him. Velious gear might change that but in nearly full BiS kunark gear its not possible. Ofc this is on the red server so recharging items is not a option, even with zero pvp its not going to happen. Duo is possible with the right class and slow, but damn it would take a very long time.
Last edited by Cholk; 10-03-2015 at 11:57 PM..
Closed Thread