Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Banned

Default To think or not to twink...

What is your experience with twinking? Do you have more fun when you twink or do you prefer to forge your own path? Share your insights into the pros and cons of twining a warrior.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Leveling up the first time is an adventure

Doing it again and again is pain. Twinking helps dull the pain, like heroin

Do heroin
Old 01-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

You get diminishing fun returns every play through regardless of your gear. Twinking gets past the initial struggle which is in reality most of the fun of EQ. It gives you a sense of fictional accomplishment to help you find solace and escape in whatever you're ignoring IRL to make that happen. Intentionally not twinking is an attempt recreate that struggle, but it's artificial and not the same as your first time through. I'd just stop rolling alts and work on that making that big kid job you had your eye on a reality or other goal you could be using this wasted time working towards.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You get diminishing fun returns every play through regardless of your gear. Twinking gets past the initial struggle which is in reality most of the fun of EQ. It gives you a sense of fictional accomplishment to help you find solace and escape in whatever you're ignoring IRL to make that happen. Intentionally not twinking is an attempt recreate that struggle, but it's artificial and not the same as your first time through. I'd just stop rolling alts and work on that making that big kid job you had your eye on a reality or other goal you could be using this wasted time working towards.
Cutting open a vein here eh?
Old 01-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, this is extremely cynical. And 100% true. Couldn't have expressed it better than this lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:39 PM
Banned

So you guys think you can only play this game one time and have a true sense of accomplishment? That I do not buy.

Each character can be an individual story that you mold and build. Each time presents unique challenges, there will be some overlap but I do not agree with the grim picture being painted regarding alts.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb tripper the 2nd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you actually a prairie ******?
Are you actually going to vote for Trump again?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Untwinked warriors aren't bad, and can solo pretty effectively to 45 with a Staff of Battle, if you stick to vanilla mobs.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

You are getting responses from forum trolls that have spent years of their lives enslaved to an emulated version of an elf simulation released in 1999 (and associated forums), so take their comments with that context.

An untwinked warrior would be pretty tough, but very doable. You could join Auld Lang Syne or however it is spelled - they have a set of rules that doesn't allow you to equip anything you don't loot, craft, or quest. I recently thought about doing this with a necro or SK and I think it would be a fun challenge as a side project.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Banned

I tried that route and found it to be a bit much for my liking.
Closed Thread