Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

Report: Too many light sources in the same place creates neon white light that washes out terrain art.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Night time is not as dark when it's foggy+raining. Not sure if this is intended or if it's even fixable.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:03 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Night time is not as dark when it's foggy+raining. Not sure if this is intended or if it's even fixable.
This could only be fixed if we were able to develop a way to apply racial vision brightness and tint to the sky box when the rgb value is below a certain level. Currently we can only use one color shared by all races. If we were to darken the sky to fix night blindness it would look bad for all other races and those with ultra/infravision.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Was rain in QH always so endless in classic/P1999? I was there for several hours two days ago and it never stopped raining. The rain during the nighttime creates severe eyestrain, at least for me.

I hate the rain in general, but when it rains for dozens of day/night cycles without stopping, that is intolerable. I had to zone out multiple times just to avoid the rain. Neighboring zones had rain sometimes, but not as incessantly as in Qeynos Hills.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

On the subject of rain, is it possible to add a distance based fade to rain drops?

As it stands, in pitch black you can see rain drops from a pretty far distance, as long as there are no intermediary objects.

The consequences of this is these objects are visible in pitch black as a silhouette; they block the rain drops behind them, so they project a black area void of distant rain, which makes them detectable.

Maybe you can just reduce the clip plain on rain or increase its transparency in the night?
Old 11-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you can just reduce the clip plain on rain or increase its transparency in the night?
For me, the clip plane is set so low (even though I attempted to max it out) that most of the time, all I see is horizons and whatever ball is supposed to be in the sky at that moment in game time. Trees are mere fragments until I nearly stand next to them. Add the broken dynamic lighting and the removal of the stars from the night sky, I have been losing interest in playing with Atari 2600 graphics.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

It's kinda off topic... but I don't honestly believe the weather on p99 is classic.
But it's really an undocumented subject. If a staff members wants to fill us in i'm eager to hear.

I recall zones being affect by weather different back in the day. Oasis comes to mind first.
I recall a topic about this on the p99 forums.

Telin doing great work and not missing the small details.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

While we are on the subject of weather (at night) lightning doesn't seem to roll as I remembered it.

I have a really distinct memory of visiting my friend's house to watch him play eq (we didn't have twitch back then) and i remember the lightning would keep flashing for a substantial amount of time several times only over a period of perhaps a couple of seconds.

On p1999 we seem to have an instant of illumination and then it's back to pitch black.

I guess this hunch needs further research.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall zones being affect by weather different back in the day. Oasis comes to mind first.

Telin doing great work and not missing the small details.
A while back, I mentioned I thought that people used to drink faster in the desert zones of Oasis. The suggestion was researched and found that yes, people drink twice as fast than "cooler" zones. It has not been implemented since in part, it may tie into different foods offering different duration of past time before another item is consumed; which has not been implemented either.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A while back, I mentioned I thought that people used to drink faster in the desert zones of Oasis. The suggestion was researched and found that yes, people drink twice as fast than "cooler" zones. It has not been implemented since in part, it may tie into different foods offering different duration of past time before another item is consumed; which has not been implemented either.
Talking of this, food types are implemented already? I leveled my gnome rogue from 1 to 20 in 2 weeks on a couple of muffins ... is that normal?

Someone told me gnomes being smaller eat less ... so this piqued my curiosity
----------------------------------
[center]
Closed Thread