Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 04:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been reading this and must say this is an actual threat to the P99 community. The staff really needs to address this. The /list at the EE camp is a huge fail at this point.

I also know for a fact that the manastone should be the common drop. When EQ first launched Verant had no clue how powerful the stone was. Get this, even though the stone was common, nobody bothered to camp it, until one day some dude realized how powerful of an item it was, then it caught on like fire. Several months after launch Verant decided to make it more rare. Then, even later, they removed it all together.

True story.

On Red launch the stone dropped commonly. I know. I was there. We saw several a day drop without even a line. My suggestion. Make it drop like 75% of the time like it should be.

/thread
Yes this is true
Old 11-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Just a wild suggestion for the /list element.

Players accumulate "camp" time towards the list in the following ways:

- For every hour (and minute) active at these particular camps accumulates time towards the "camp".
- For every hour (and minute) offline from these particular camps accrues a fifty percent penalty loss per the amount of time offline.
- The order of the /list is based upon whomever has the greatest amount of "camp" time accumulated.

Example:

Four players all begin camping at the exact same moment. I will use hour 32 as the end point for my example.

- Player #01 does a 24 hours stint and logs for 08 hours. (24-(8/2)) = 20 hours.
- Player #02 does a 32 hours stint and does not log. (32-(0/2)) = 32 hours.
- Player #03 does a 04 hours stint and logs for 12 hours, then returns for a 16 hour stint. (04-(12/2)+16) = 14 hours.
- Player #04 does an 08 hours stint, logs for 08 hours, then does another 08 hours stint before logging off for 08 hours. (08-(08/2)+08-(08/2)) = 08 hours.

Thus the order of the list at the 32nd hour would be: Player #02, Player #01, Player #03, and Player #04.

Let's say Player #05 started at hour 16 and was in the middle of a 16 hour stint. Thus he would have accumulated 16 hours and thus would fall into the /list after Player #01 and before Player #03 at the original 32nd hour.

It may sound a bit confusing, but you reward those players that put in the time while giving them an option to recollect themselves in real life without losing everything they built up over the long haul. Over a long haul, one may collect enough "camp" time to keep the first /list spot, even with breaks.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Banned

why arent they dropping as much as they are suppose to in the first place?
Old 11-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grown ass men spending 10-20 hrs not actually playing an emulation of a 30 year old mmo but just staring at the screen waiting in line?
Grown ass men commenting on a 20 year old mmo by using a question instead of a declarative statement?
Old 11-13-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Some folks in this thread are acting as though their characters are going to be deleted if they don't get manastones. List too long? Easy solution--don't do it. I will never understand nor sympathize with the complaints about people who make themselves suffer doing totally optional activities.

Dropping characters that change IP from the list is a good idea, however. Account sharing, while not (and should not be) against the rules, should never be directly encouraged, either.

I warned people about potentially low drop rates pre-launch. Saw that coming from a mile away.

Danth
Old 11-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, preventing that person from dying will have disastrous consequences.
Have you been to Walmart? Realize they vote, and breed at disproportionate numbers. Now look at how the % of the population that drains tax money is rising while the % that pays taxes is decreasing. Where do you think that ends?
Old 11-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Banned

You don't have to camp these items
Old 11-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd literally shred the game of what it was in 1999.

If you want EQ Lite, go and say hi to Daybreak. They could use the extra players.

Or go back to blue <3
Well shit dood, we should just stay where we are at now. Kunark is too new for me, man. Let's just kill Vox and Naggy until the Heat Death of the Universe.

I'm sure my Asperger's is manageable if I saw a professional.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
god close this thread, this crying and whining is so gross
Your whining is the most egregious, and the most womanly. STFU
Old 11-13-2019, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure where they got the numbers/stats for these drops. Probably after the drop rate was nerfed shortly before they removed it entirely
Going off 10 year old memory, but I remember originally on Blue the Evil Eye being fairly rare compared to the shaman, but the Manastone was a common drop. In fact, I believe the first Evil Eye kill on Blue resulted in a Manastone.

It was like this for awhile, Penoy camped 30 Manastones, and then they changed it to a rare drop. This was still a few months before the Manastone was removed from the drop table, I believe. I don't remember any reason for the nerf, so I figure it was just a custom change by the devs because they felt that too many Manastones were entering the game.