Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned

Hopefully we stop doing ideas and start doing more classic. I'm sure we could all think up a ton of great custom ideas.

But you wouldn't have a classic eq pvp box.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybefiegi v3.25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice job wasting however long you spent writing that, what a waste!
i like this guy even if he smokes pills
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Kobold

I think a lot of ppl are against a team server. Why?
Because it kinda sucks. What if some guy is taking a camp and talking shit?
Well you wanna kill him right? But ooh wait you cant because he is on your "team".
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

why not have an FFA server which moves all red and blue characters to servers for a week kinda like the discord server. you die you lose everything and return to level 1 (but your main stays on your server)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a lot of ppl are against a team server. Why?
Because it kinda sucks. What if some guy is taking a camp and talking shit?
Well you wanna kill him right? But ooh wait you cant because he is on your "team".

have u ever heard of the fabled "train?"
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Banned

no teams just let us use area effect and not kill frends
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Server is thriving and people want to split the 100 people we got playing onto 2 servers! It wouldn't be a waste if we had say 500 people playing on the server. Please Stop !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rettii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no teams just let us use area effect and not kill frends
I agree!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toehammer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Threads last week were a huge step in the right direction:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95419 and http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95531

Red 99 is truly an impressive PvP server, however it is clear from those threads that:
1) A teams PvP server is highly desired by the non-trolling P99/Red99 community.
2) There would be support from Nilbog and Sirken, and Rogean is a pre-requisite to get anything moving.
3) Red99 was not really ruined, but it is bittersweet to play on a server that was plagued with exploits, cheaters, guard assist problems, and griefers.

I never played PvP EQ back in the day but the first couple weeks of Red99, even with some broken mechanics/cheating, was by far the most fun I ever had in any video game. The mass exodus of players in the first months were mostly due to the cheating/griefing. Hard coded teams I can see fixing this griefing server mentality that Red99 has. I think a general community consensus is that the following is highly desirable:

0) HARD CODED TEAMS
1) Item loot (minus primary/secondary/range or no drop items) and no exp loss on PvP death
2) Either +/- ~5 levels for PvP with /consider only returning a blue/white/red con referring to below/within/above PvP range respectively... or complete open level PvP.
3) Either classic exp (I like this) or the current scaling exp bonus on Red99.
4) Yellow text/leader board or at least public kill:death ratios for each player.
5) TURN OFF THE ABILITY to go /anonymous! /roleplay is good enough! Silly Red99 guilds hiding behind a /anon tag. REPUGNANT!
6) A test server for a month or so to get the hype up, iron out server/team/balance wrinkles, and fix some resists or other semi-broken stuff.

Things that are debatable:

1) global /ooc . Perhaps the >level 10 solution is the way to go. Maybe > level 20 or people who are below 50 % on the leader board have like a 10 min refresh between /ooc messages... encourages good trash talking/competition.
2) Exactly how the teams are split up. There were some good suggestions in the two other threads.
3) Remove hybrid exp penalty (controversial and not classic I know, but the playerbase demand seems to be huge, and is somewhat justified).

I am not suggesting any thing to definitely NOT have. Although I think the exp on PvP death is generally not well liked by the players. Almost all of the above suggestions do not tarnish a "classic" experience, and would probably catapult the server to success.

As always, keep the thread classy (fat chance). Nilbog/Sirken were actually supporting this until the thread was overrun by trolls. Again, this is not a wipe (too late for that), not Red 99 v2.0, this is P1999 PvP Teams.

There is definitely enough community support to get it going.

-El Speedo Bandito!

Nothings gonna change. Whens the last time you logged in btw?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

I think there's potential for change here, unfortunately, Rogean gets the final call on the pvp box because this one is "his" even though he has privately admitted to me he really doesn't give a fuck about this box (can't blame him) and that the players here are dumb dumb's (paraphrasing). Nilbog on the other hand really wants to enact some change but is @ the mercy of Lord Rogean.