Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate vent/ts, but I'm in the minority
With you on that; i never use it. Last thing i want to hear are a bunch of nerds and some people really SHOULDN'T be talking :-)

But along with the joke fest - Twitch not classic. Spellbook classic but good riddance to that.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that's funny. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people would use a phone i would imagine.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember having DSL when Kunark/Velious was out. Maybe I was one of few cuz my dad had it because of his work.
I was in beta for cable Internet in 99. It was weird set up: download through cable, but upload by dial-up.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AS AN OFFICER, I THINK IS SPEAK FOR ALL BDA IN SAYING THAT VENTRILO/TEAMSPEAK/SKYPE ARE NOT CLASSIC. BAN IT AND BRING BACK AOL INSTANT MESSENGER
^^ MY HERO!!! <3
Old 05-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentsong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With you on that; i never use it. Last thing i want to hear are a bunch of nerds and some people really SHOULDN'T be talking :-)

But along with the joke fest - Twitch not classic. Spellbook classic but good riddance to that.

I do get the reluctance to use TS, there are a lot of times where I just don't feel like hearing it either. But it does allow for a more natural interaction and better development of a community. In most of the guilds I have been in, the people who don't hang out in the TS are usually kinda looked at as not "really" being part of the guild.

That being said I have been in some guilds TS that I would never go into again, but I have also joined guilds where the TS allowed me to feel like part of a community and improved my gaming experience tremendously. If you are in a guild where the TS makes your experience worse...then you just need a different guild or community lol.

TL;DR don't be scared of TS it can be fun
Old 05-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skootr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People didn't have high speed internet either! Throttle everyone to 56K speeds! Then throttle the CPU and memory to 1999 specs! Then force everyone to go buy a CRT monitor with max 640x480!

dumb
I played at 800x600 at launch k thx.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are in a guild where the TS makes your experience worse...then you just need a different guild or community lol.
I'd agree with that... TS should be inviting, even if you're mic shy.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

I will only say this:

on classic, my typing skills became so awesome I could have toured the country giving exhibitions.

I always liked that about back then. My guild did not use voice chat of any kind, and we would still get organized and give detailed instructions just via /tells and /gu or /shout if we had the zone to ourselves. And we got stuff done, just using dumb ol' typing lol.

Those days are gone, OP, but I agree with the sentiment. I laugh when I think about what the logs must have looked like during our raids. All the jokes, and the chatter, all the instructions etc., all just typed out.

It was fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played at 800x600 at launch k thx.
Me too.

But people who play in other than 1-1/3 ratio should be banned! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that's funny. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

some funny conference call bills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]