Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like you. Can I have some money please?
Sure. PM your character's name and when a good time to meet up is.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or sit here and whine. I'll make sure greengrocer drops off some cheese.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But let's not forget: this server is all about nostalgia. Everyone knows bards weren't like this on live, and if P99 really is about re-creating classic EverQuest then it doesn't matter how terrible of a zone LOIO is, bard kiting should still be fixed.
So did bards just not do it or is there some substantive difference between the game versions that allows it?

And in regard to making it as classic-like as possible, pretty sure I could drop coins back then.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobb 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean 2 zones almost every players hits while leveling or questing? LoIO and Overthere?

You keep derp'herping my crazy Dimond
multiple characters, 3 years of playing on p99... not once have I leveled in these two zones. They are terrible areas an you are a terrible person for trying to exp in them.

#FreeTheSwarm
Old 05-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

It's the same argument for chardok aoe. Why in the world would anyone legitimately be in that zone to group xp? Chardok aoe is the best exp in the game and made that zone's mob population relevant. There are zones that are good for certain things and classes that have certain niches. Let's let skilled players do their thing. It's a perfect match.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the same argument for chardok aoe. Why in the world would anyone legitimately be in that zone to group xp? Chardok aoe is the best exp in the game and made that zone's mob population relevant. There are zones that are good for certain things and classes that have certain niches. Let's let skilled players do their thing. It's a perfect match.
Explore, get some loot for themselves, chill out, whatever they want really.

Personally have no problem with Chardok AE or Bard swarming, to each his own, but the moment these impact other people in any way shape or form, these (AE and Swarming) are the ones who need to give way, no matter the reason, since they are the ones creating the issue in the first place.
If it can be worked out by simple dialog, then fine, but if it can't, Swarm or Chardok AE need to gtfo or get petitioned. Easy.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why in the world would anyone legitimately be in that zone to group xp?
dont care about chardok or bard aoe, but stop with the bullshit

chardok is like 1 of maybe 3 55-60 groupable dungeons in game right now, and same zem as seb and hs, dont be fucking stupids and say why would anyone xp there
Old 05-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned

When AE isn't happening the zone is still empty. Before AE started zone was empty.

Don't see how that statement is 'stupid'. Calling it stupid is actually pretty stupid.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When AE isn't happening the zone is still empty. Before AE started zone was empty.

Don't see how that statement is 'stupid'. Calling it stupid is actually pretty stupid.
perhaps people dont group there because the culture has changed? i grouped there on p99 back before it became popular to aoe there, i think maybe when sf aoe was a thing

i grouped there back in classic, and groups happen there on red all the time

perhaps you havent been here long enough, seen enough, or are just stupid yourself, not sure
Old 05-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Skeleton

I don't know why people say OT is terrible. Sure exp there is far from good, but consider the following:

Many higher level players have OT hammers, thus there's constant influx of them. It lets new wizards and druids make cash selling ports. It's a great place to quad and do animal charm exp. You will often have high level clerics rezzing for free or some small fee.

I have leveled my druid there 34-45 quickly, made decent cash selling ports, and I nearly always had c1/c2. When I died there usually was a rez.
Now good luck getting a PuG for a place like Sol A, especially if you play not-so-wanted class.

As for bards I surely never seen them pull entire zones on live. Just never happened. However I'm fine with them as long as they don't play like an asshole.