Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

This is red99 forums just in case anyone is lost.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:48 AM
Banned

every post ive seen by a person saying " i played on X server i know pvp" has resulted in a post 2 weeks later of them rage quitting the server after being repeatedly dumpstered by level 20
Old 08-29-2015, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Arent you special
Old 08-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

To answer your question, petition on the forums.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I come from Tallon Zek originally, so pvp is in my blood. Just wondering if it is worth it? Will there be leveling buddies?
Yeah, there are lots of groups to be found. The exp bonus strongly motivated everyone to assemble a 6-player group. Even if ideal group composition is not available, I've found most people are willing to try less conventional solutions, like druid+melee kiting groups, cleric/necro undead demolition groups in LGuk, monk tank groups, or other unusual tank choices with multiple rogues/DPS blowing up mobs so quickly that little healing is needed. Anyway, almost everyone on Red wants to group and there are people on nearly around the clock.

I didn't play PvP back on Live, but I'd guess there is a higher concentration of twinks (aggressive or not).
Old 08-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

I considered logging back in at one point.

The only thing stopping me is the toxicity of the community more then anything, i enjoy PvP, i enjoy smacktalk, i don't mind if i die a bunch of times. I dislike playing with middle aged men that act like teenagers...

So, is the community still a bag of shit? or have things gotten better?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalakamelee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I considered logging back in at one point.

The only thing stopping me is the toxicity of the community more then anything, i enjoy PvP, i enjoy smacktalk, i don't mind if i die a bunch of times. I dislike playing with middle aged men that act like teenagers...

So, is the community still a bag of shit? or have things gotten better?
Stay off forums, turn off /ooc and use the mute function in ts liberally and you might be surprised.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stay off forums, turn off /ooc and use the mute function in ts liberally and you might be surprised.
Yea... i could do that, or i could simply shut my mouth. I enjoy the smacktalk however, tasteful smacktalk.

I know that good ole gardur was mad at me last i talked to ya since i was ganking yer guildie in Nfp. how's things been?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Kobold

The toxicity is observational bias. You see and remember the toxic stuff, not the boring and mundane "/ooc 35 druid LFG" and "WTS JBoot MQ". It's mostly the same 20 people vomiting in public on their various alts, and mostly they're talking to (at) each other. Just ignore, or even /ignore, and the problem is resolved.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Banned

you don't even have to really turn ooc off, just make a new window and glance at it every once and a while. People like manmode have been spamming the shit out of it, hence first ignore ever lately. but aside from that, you can easily avoid your eyes from reading ooc when people do start spewing toxic bs.
Closed Thread