Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Default Returning player SK

Hey all, I recently posted in the melee thread about being a returning player and potentially playing a ranger. But low and behold I log on my level 10 iksar SK, mostly stripped of his gear, and I feel compelled to play him. I don't plan on grouping much and I've heard SKs are capable of soloing, I was just wondering how viable and efficient it is. Keep in mind I have a limited budget and other than a sword of sky fire all i have is a few pieces of banded.

Thanks in advance :-)
Old 12-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Banned

Fear kite is best way to solo. Get a sk 2hb for cheap. Would also be best to find another person to group with. Pretty much any class will speed up lvlin a ton if you dont have decent gear. After 48+ solo exp drops big
Old 12-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Whats some good gear to buy if your on a budget of say... 3k
Old 12-14-2015, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

It sounds bizarre but if you just want to solo/fear kite I'd get a set of banded made up and maybe do the dreadscale quest pieces as you level, or on a higher level necro if you have one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's some cheap 2h weapons around, focus cash there. The sarnak head stick I always forget the name of is 30/40 I think and should be cheap in the tunnel (someone help me out with the name of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])... and keep a 1h + shield just in case you do need to do some tanking.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Skeleton

Deathbringer's Rod

http://wiki.project1999.com/Deathbringer%27s_Rod
Old 12-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

I have a full suit of banded, sword of skyfire, created mist more shield., I'm sure I can get some 5ac55hp rings. I also have a nathsar great sword for the 2hander. The dread scale armor quest looked pretty cool. Between that line and the crusader weapon line, how much of it is soloable? What level do you think I would need to be to be able to solo all of dread scale armor?
Old 12-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Most of those quest lines are soloable. The Lord of pains khukri quest is not soloable but most pieces of it can be gained in groups while leveling. The quest in dalnir is also annoying required me to be in my mid to high 40's to solo. Of the dreadscale quests the hardest part was getting the knights sword for the helm. Think I managed to do that at level 40. Most of the rest of them are easier and can be started on at about 20.
Closed Thread