Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Large Bat

Do i just put all my points into stamina as the wiki class info page suggests or do I max strength for an iksar SK? Also, besides the regen trait, is the Greenmist obtainable? I really want that sick katana.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Greenmist is not yet obtainable on the server but should go in around the time of the chardok revamp.

Stamina is great at the end levels but not overly useful until then. If your plan is to do end game raiding on this character then dump them all into stamina. If you want things to be easier at lower levels with weight limitations and such put points into strength. I'd suggest doing half and half.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:40 PM
Large Bat

thanks for all the great advice. I made a wizard but i ruined him by casting a spell on sir lucan as he was being killed in the freeport noob area. effectively destroying my faction in 30 seconds. so i deleted him. i made the iksar sk and put 15points in stamina and 5 in str. i guess ill stick with that.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for all the great advice. I made a wizard but i ruined him by casting a spell on sir lucan as he was being killed in the freeport noob area. effectively destroying my faction in 30 seconds. so i deleted him. i made the iksar sk and put 15points in stamina and 5 in str. i guess ill stick with that.
Now you just need to tag Sir Lucan again on your Iksar so you can bank in NFP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Large Bat

ah i see!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Wizard is highly discriminated against on p99, I would avoid that as a first character if you want to group. If you want to solo its not a terrible option. SK is not a bad choice and you wont play more than an hour or two in a popular area before someone hands you a starter weapon.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Large Bat

why are they discriminated against? dont they do the most damage?
Old 07-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Partly its the class, partly its the players. Wizards job is burst DPS. A smart wizard times his nukes to maximize their impact on the group, uses stuns on casters, and helps with root/snare cc.

Many wizards just sit mostly afk, stand up, blows their mana pool on one or two pulls, then afks another 15 minutes.

There's a lot of discussion, but basically without clarity, your dps over time is way lower than other dps classes.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are they discriminated against? dont they do the most damage?
Two reasons:

1. Bad reputation as an afk class, as brecon said.

2. This server is mature; for a very small amount of money you can get a kunark weapon that will allow you to do way more damage than the game was designed for pre 46. Melees benefit much more from a mature server than casters do. If the server was brand new and everyone was using a tarnished weapon, wiz would be much more groupable.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

Play what you desire, you will have the most fun that way.