Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Greetings and Well Met!!!! New Player seeking guidance.

Hello everyone! I just finished getting everything set up to play on the server and I am at the character creation screen!!! Im trying to decide what to play. Im not much of a caster fan so Ranger or Rogue or Monk is what Im currently looking at playing.

I have a few questions I hope to figure out.

1. What is going to be my best bet to get a set of starting armor and magic weapons to hunt wisp? (Banded for ranger or rogue, cured silk for monk)

2. Of the 3 classes what is going to be easiest to level in terms of finding groups.

3. Im unfamiliar with guilds here. What would be a good guild for a fresh player?

4. Is there any DIY guilds for tradeskill farming? I like to make food and drinks and stuff and didnt know if anyone made like a hunters guide for that sort of thing. Not really needed but its an RPG after all I like to make my own meals =)

5. I know there are some decent xp quest in the game like crushbone belts and shoulderpads, orc and gnoll scalps. Is there a list of good quest that i can farm to level as well? Sort of let me xp here and get loot to increase the xp per camp.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone! I just finished getting everything set up to play on the server and I am at the character creation screen!!! Im trying to decide what to play. Im not much of a caster fan so Ranger or Rogue or Monk is what Im currently looking at playing.

1. What is going to be my best bet to get a set of starting armor and magic weapons to hunt wisp? (Banded for ranger or rogue, cured silk for monk)

2. Of the 3 classes what is going to be easiest to level in terms of finding groups.

3. Im unfamiliar with guilds here. What would be a good guild for a fresh player?

4. Is there any DIY guilds for tradeskill farming? I like to make food and drinks and stuff and didnt know if anyone made like a hunters guide for that sort of thing. Not really needed but its an RPG after all I like to make my own meals =)

5. I know there are some decent xp quest in the game like crushbone belts and shoulderpads, orc and gnoll scalps. Is there a list of good quest that i can farm to level as well? Sort of let me xp here and get loot to increase the xp per camp.
Welcome!

I would recommend either Rogue or Monk.

Monk, if you're familiar with the zones you're in. You'll be expected to pull in groups. It'll help to know the zone and spawn points. Not hard to learn though.

Rogue is probably the easiest in terms of responsibilities.

Both classes are in high demand. You can also get magic weapons for each relatively cheap as well.

Ranger is a little weaker, so it helps to start with nice equipment. Which is why you may want to avoid it at first.

Dawn Believers and Kittens Who Say Meow are both decent guilds that don't require a lot to join.

I'm not sure of crafting guilds but there are themed guilds on the server.

There's a handful of starting quests. Bone chips, bat wings, crushbone belts, etc. They're in a number of different areas. Usually each starting zone has some kind of newbie quest you can do. Check the city's wiki page.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I went with a dwarf rogue! Looking forward to hopefully grouping with everyone on my way up.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Message me on here or in game (character names in my signature) and ill help you get some starter gear. Monk will be a better option of the 3 imo.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

I started with Ranger. It's a challenge, but fun. Much better when you get to level 30 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Aviak

While starting out, keep your eyes peeled for these items as you can sell them to other players in East Commonlands for a decent amount of platinum!

- High Quality Bear Skins 20~30pp per skin
- Bonechips 5~10pp per stack
- Spiderling Silk 10~15pp per stack
- Spider Silk 5~10pp per stack
- Crushbone Belts and Shoulderpads (If you're in Greater Faydark) 2~3 pp per item
- Deathfist Belts (If you're in the commonlands) 2~3pp per belt

And while you can't sell them, if you start in the Qeynos area, hang on to any Gnoll Fangs(from BlackBurrow) you find, as you can turn them in to the warrior guild in Qeynos for great exp.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Banned

Since you made a Dwarf, you're most likely in Butcherblock. I have a character there looking to buy bone chips if you want to sell them for 10pp a stack.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Dwarf rogue is a good choice.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Banned

Good choice on the rogue.

You'll be welcome in all groups along the XP Superhighway. You'll meet a lot of people. IMO this is how everquest was meant to be played.

Make friends with good players. Hit them up later for more grouping. Enjoy staring at mob butts for the next 2 years.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ive reached level 4, got a full set of small patchwork/tattered gear and a tarnished spear. Quickly on a road to glory!
Closed Thread