Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 02:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

she would of been better off selling them and buying one... that makes no sense, thats not helping them, shoulda done it for like 40 belts or something. thats messed up honestly, I give away most of the stuff i dont want, infact i got my box for free off a player. if you wanna make quests, thats awesome! but dont do it for profit, do it for stupid doable items like bat wings, or make a list of newb items. what you did is taking advantage
Old 01-21-2020, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
she would of been better off selling them and buying one... that makes no sense, thats not helping them, shoulda done it for like 40 belts or something. thats messed up honestly, I give away most of the stuff i dont want, infact i got my box for free off a player. if you wanna make quests, thats awesome! but dont do it for profit, do it for stupid doable items like bat wings, or make a list of newb items. what you did is taking advantage
Translation:
"You did a trade that someone was both willing and excited to do. Since I would not have done the trade, that means you exploited the person.

By my authoritative position, knowing what is best for her more than than she does, she is in a worse place now, than if she listened to the advice I am shooting now from my armchair.

To top off, you had to be extra terrible by making it fun and creative..."

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Telling someone to farm 100 of an item is "fun and creative"? Let's be realistic.

But I do applaud you for making the attempt at creating emergent content for others.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:54 AM
Sarnak

100 seems pretty excessive, but I guess if they were happy both sides got an alright deal.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:55 AM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=347889
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 01-21-2020, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, could have sold it for X, decided to make a quest and trade it for 0.6X - it's more fun.

More creative ones to come. I just wanted to see if people would be open to a player run quest. It was a success.

Future ones may involve themes (i.e. summoning the dead -- spell scroll: summon dead, handing in a GLS to the gnome in unrest to spawn a skeleton, sacrifice yourself to a level 49 necro pet, turn in 100 bonechips, etc.)

Quest turn-in via forum with pics/videos is one option to show portions were completed. Gotta make the process fun / well-storied and the item in the end worth it.

Still rolling some ideas around in my head. Feel free to send PM with ideas.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:59 PM
Skeleton

Find me a stone that conjures mana and I’ll [reward] you with bread blacker than black.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

I dont mind that you did what you did in game, I'm only going to poke fun at the topic and context it was presented in. Imagine if I congratulated every person who bought an item from me in public. Its like "what an honor it was to do business with me you should be proud"!
Old 01-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

This is a really cool player-run quest: a challenging yet achievable task with a satisfying and forever-valuable legacy item as a reward. Good on you, OP.

OP is also dealing very well with the criticism. Good parries, blocks, and ripostes.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Aviak

The dialogue in that last screenshot is so funny... "Really appreciate you letting me farm them for you" rofl...

"levels are more important... bc higher level = more income potential" you are taking belts from them that would help them level. Your advice seems to counter your actions... so leads me to believe this is more about a convenient way to flip boxes instead of epic newbie quests.

I really like the idea of player ran quests especially epic ones. I would say this is a "quest" not an "epic quest". For epic quests, you can string together a bunch of smaller quests (ex: go find a specific slaver key, buy a specific item from a vendor deep in kaladim, get a minotaur horn)... all of those steps could have lore attached to them, encourage tough newbie fights, exploration and provide a reward at the end (I'm sure you can tie in a social aspect here too). Make them find a no drop item and link it to you. Provide a reward at the end that reflects the story/lore and its not just a transaction.
Closed Thread