Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-22-2016, 10:43 PM
Aviak

Default Quillmane corps not opening up

When farming Quillmane twice our group could not loot the corps:

1) Quillmane was killed at the north spawn point by member of group. Cloak was on corps, I ran up from the Hermit house to lock the corps while he got on alt and ran him over. I could not loot/lock the corps kept saying I “was not close enough to loot”, while I was standing on top of it. Members alt was too late to loot, but I could have used on my main. (no, not looking for a “free cloak”) would just like this looked into so we don’t’ waste our time again.

2) Pet killed Quillmane at Hermit camp. Other member of group that was killing PH’s again could not loot the corps. No idea if there was a cloak on it or not? Again not looking for anything, but would like to have Quillmine looked into on when the corps should open up.

Thanks,
Udabut
Old 05-23-2016, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

I can confirm this issue, it happens frequently, when you're too far away from a mob that die (like half a zone away) the corpse location is wrong and you can't look due to this "not close enough" message. just zoning out/logging fix this issue, you'll see the corpse at the correct location... obviously this take some time and corpse might rot. it never occurred to me on mob I was killing but it happens quite frequently when you chance upon a corpse left to rot by high level player...
Old 05-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can confirm that it happens as elwing says. Think the broken corpse may be appearing at the spawn point but can't confirm that.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

If this happens again before being fixed - if the corpse has more than 30 seconds plus zoning time on it, you could try camping out and right back in. Corpses should be shown where they truly are.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

it's not just corpses, but also flapping around mobs this happens to...

NK_FlappiesOOR.png

.../showthread.php?t=228048 - Mobs warping
Old 05-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

very common on quillmane sad to say and has been for several years [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the person that is to loot it need to relog fast to see where the corps is for real
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 05-24-2016, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
very common on quillmane sad to say and has been for several years [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the person that is to loot it need to relog fast to see where the corps is for real
Or just kill it itself and stop buying loot rights?
Old 05-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Anytime a mob isn't lootable, just relog. It should resolve the issue.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just kill it itself and stop buying loot rights?
you do know that it's usaly 3 plus one tracker doing quillmanes ? one on each spawn spot and one runing around killing triggers ?

and people usaly random for loot order and need to run from one of the spawnspots to the spot that had the kill with a cloak ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 05-27-2016, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

common bug with large models i think, not just QM