Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Default FV faction

Anyone know of a method for evil races (Iksar and DE in particular) to turn in canines to Captain Nealith in FV for +FV faction? Normally wolf form could be used for such things but they hate wolves there apparently. Anyone know any other tricks that would allow evil races to get canines turned in?
Old 07-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sneak turn in maybe?
If the DE is an enchanter maybe try an illusion.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Does skeleton illusion have a neutral faction modifer in FV?

Otherwise, kill a whole bunch of Goblins! Like 800 of them!

For what it is worth, I think the a canine quest is due being updated. It was recently reported as bugged and yielding insufficient xp.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it is worth, I think the a canine quest is due being updated. It was recently reported as bugged and yielding insufficient xp.
I remember a long while back getting dog shit exp from multiple turn ins, forgot what level I was tho.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bandits in tim deep give +fv faction... or any pirates of gunthak

could be a religous hatred tho?
Yeah, that was my alternate plan...pirates. There are some pirate camps in FV that give +FV faction but was hoping to combine that with the canine turn-ins to speed it up. I guess once I'm non-KOS I can sneak to turn in but I also have a couple guildies that don't have the sneak option so that doesn't help them.

In a semi-related topic...how do most DE people deal with the whole VS faction in Kunark? Do people just ruin their OT Outpost faction when hitting KC and Kaesora or is there a good way to offset those faction hits?

Like Iksar, DE are also limited in where they can bank/sell and I think OT Outpost is the only place in Kunark. Not to mention there are spell "quests" there for cleric (maybe others) that can only be gotten there.

I mean you have to hit Charsis and Kaesora to get the Seb key iirc so even if you skipped KC and other Kunark dungeons to preserve faction you would likely ruin it just getting your Seb key.

This is all a bit new to me. The only evil race I played on live was Iksar and they don't have ambiguous faction issues since everyone hates them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2016, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean you have to hit Charsis and Kaesora to get the Seb key iirc so even if you skipped KC and other Kunark dungeons to preserve faction you would likely ruin it just getting your Seb key.
Ooooo no no no, the Seb key is gotten by hunting a froglok forager and a froglok hunter in Trak's Teeth. No faction hit for OT outpost-goers!

My iksar monk can run around FV pretty much as she pleases right now because I spent several hours killing hundreds of goblins (1000, actually) in WW and LOIO. Trust me, the pirates are NOT efficient if you want FV faction. You are at least 900 faction hits in the hole as an iksar.

There are about 40 goblins in the goblin fort in WW. Team up with someone farming Grachnist or do it solo. Takes about 25 clears. If there's a group there, go to the goblin ruins in LOIO (#9 on the map) and clear those instead.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Inhabitants_of_Firiona_Vie
Old 07-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooooo no no no, the Seb key is gotten by hunting a froglok forager and a froglok hunter in Trak's Teeth. No faction hit for OT outpost-goers!

My iksar monk can run around FV pretty much as she pleases right now because I spent several hours killing hundreds of goblins (1000, actually) in WW and LOIO. Trust me, the pirates are NOT efficient if you want FV faction. You are at least 900 faction hits in the hole as an iksar.

There are about 40 goblins in the goblin fort in WW. Team up with someone farming Grachnist or do it solo. Takes about 25 clears. If there's a group there, go to the goblin ruins in LOIO (#9 on the map) and clear those instead.
Sorry, I wasn't remembering correctly. I meant the Howling Stones key not the Seb key. So the question remains about OT Outpost. Do DE's typically skip KC, Kaesora and HS..to preserve their Outpost faction or is there some trick to preserving faction in the Outpost and still hunting in Kunark dungeons? Or do they just say fuck it and ruin their Outpost faction and try to get someone else to do their spell turn in quest?

I was aware that goblins helped with FV faction and we spent an evening crawling through Nurga and Droga but unfortunately those goblins don't give faction hits for FV. I guess we will just need to hit the gobbie fort in WW/LOIO or something.

Are gobbies better than pirates just because there aren't enough pirates in FV? I don't remember how many are over near the cliffs but I assume that's why you say to kill gobbies instead?
Old 07-18-2016, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

If you click on the link I posted above and then click on the mob it will tell you the faction hit number. Both look to be +10
Old 07-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you click on the link I posted above and then click on the mob it will tell you the faction hit number. Both look to be +10
The wiki numbers for faction hits are incorrect/not classic. Generally all hits are +1 unless the mob is named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I wasn't remembering correctly. I meant the Howling Stones key not the Seb key. So the question remains about OT Outpost. Do DE's typically skip KC, Kaesora and HS..to preserve their Outpost faction or is there some trick to preserving faction in the Outpost and still hunting in Kunark dungeons? Or do they just say fuck it and ruin their Outpost faction and try to get someone else to do their spell turn in quest?
The HS key requires only a few kills of Xalgoz (-VS faction, which is OT outpost), and the Chancellor in LOIO (no faction hit for VS), so you wouldn't wreck OT outpost faction generally if you're starting at anywhere above dubious. But if people want to preserve their ability to bank, they would avoid all of those dungeons in Kunark.

You'll find that some higher level players will only keep VS faction long enough to do the OT hammer quest because it's very easy these days to simply hammer off something and get a port at the SF ramp in OT.

KC is a popular dungeon, but HS is usually underpopulated and Kaesora rarely has anyone in it at all.

Quote:
Are gobbies better than pirates just because there aren't enough pirates in FV? I don't remember how many are over near the cliffs but I assume that's why you say to kill gobbies instead?
The pirates in FV wander pretty far and are higher level, not to mention they walk between other KOS mobs like drixies and drolvargs. The goblins in WW and LOIO are static spawns mostly, densely clustered, and spawn every 6 minutes, which means you can kill them endlessly.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread