Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Default Guardian Kozzalym Requires FTE/Variance Added

Guardian Kozzalym is 1 of the 3 mobs you need to take down to complete the Fusibility Research quest to obtain Strength of the Elements. I am making this bug report to request it be given an FTE message and variance to save future headache and petitions.

Currently, there is no variance and basically a giant poopsock will occur for this mob. Since there is no FTE message its anyone's true guess who actually engages this mob first and it will only get worse the more people get the exact TOD. Please add yellow text similar to the solution used on Lodizal. This is not a raid mob, its a simple solo/duo encounter but due to the nature of its extended spawn time and how many different classes benefit from this quest, it will be an unpleasant experience for all.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guardian_Kozzalym

http://wiki.project1999.com/Fusibility_Research
Old 09-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Banned

Seconded
Old 09-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Aviak

Third please.

I was there for the last one, was 15ish of us there, four different guilds, someone threw out the idea of rolling like on 8th ring, but only 2 of the 4 guilds present agreed, so it turned into who can do the most dps, and even then we debated for 10 minutes on who could roll....

PLEASE add variance or FTE message to him asap!
If FTE message added please also add to Phinny and Master Yael as im sure this will become on issue on both of them with the new drops added.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Banned

Some rationale to add variance (other than what Eratani stated) - Because other quest mobs have variance:

Regular quest mobs like the horse mobs in POM, who pop every three days, have significant variance +8 -8 if I am not wrong. Stormfeather, another regular quest mob, has variance. I am sure there are others.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I'm surprised on the no variance. But this just means it needs to have an FTE msg (although I did like the roll idea as that saved a lot more of a shit show than it could have been)
Old 09-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

A roll? I'm totally coming for a roll.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

problem w the roll is it promotes free loading - log in for 50 person roll of alts lol
Old 09-15-2016, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Yeah the roll last night was guild based though (a rep from each guild) - there were some hiccups but it was a better way of handling the current situation
Old 09-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

It should have a randomized spawn point and FTE.

Make tracking actually mean you must track down the mob. Not staring at a spawn point for 16 hours. Please and thanks.

That would be a lot better of a solution than variance.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Classically this mob was usually found randomly roaming around so I agree with Dald's suggestion if it is possible

I feel we always will need variance even with a 'randomized' spawn point though bc eventually the nodes would be discovered and a similar issue will arise.

Variance, FTE engage message and ideally a random spawn location would solve this instantly for a more fun ending to this quest for all involved