Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Default Off the beaten path?

Since every post is green vs teal vs blue vs my ass, I thought maybe I could get some thoughts on XP spots outside of the normal path since the crowds are big. I will literally level anywhere that gives me moderate to good XP. It doesnt have to be the best, just not complete garbage. Hitting 22-23 has greened out or made most of my mobs low blues. Aka they give much less XP and as other people catch up it just gets more crowded. Also people talk about "off the beaten path" as to a reason why we didn't need a server split -- so let's hear some.

Anybody throw out some ideas for different level ranges? Whether its solo, duo, trio, or full group. Just places that aren't Crushbone->Oasis->Guk/SolA->Mistmoore->SolB/LGuk.

I was thinking maybe Permafrost (late teens, early 20s in full group) or Cazic-thule (mid 20s? not sure never been there) Maybe Splitpaw is viable? What about city guards? I'd tank my faction for some good XP in almost any city! Perhaps psychologically it's a lost cause because nobody will go somewhere that is "less xp" even if it means not waiting for a Mistmoore CE group at level 31.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Kedge Keep is good from the early 30s up to 50 if you've got some enduring breath on the go.

South Karana is less populated, 20ish - 35, and into Splitpaw.

Spectres in OOT will probably be quiet from 38-45, as most people will tend to go to the Oasis or Feerott ones.

Never done much in Permafrost, sounds like a good time.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge Keep is good from the early 30s up to 50 if you've got some enduring breath on the go.

South Karana is less populated, 20ish - 35, and into Splitpaw.

Spectres in OOT will probably be quiet from 38-45, as most people will tend to go to the Oasis or Feerott ones.

Never done much in Permafrost, sounds like a good time.
I had a real hard time finding mobs in South Karana. Everything seems so spread out and sporadic. I have my eye on Kedge for when I get there, since I can charm sharks and stuff. Just gotta get thru this 20s range. Permafrost seems underrated, it has some good loots for mid-tier.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

If you stick to the centaurs in the early 20s, be a bit careful but there's no faction loss or anything to worry about that I remember...just don't let them flee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aviaks are a bit hit and miss, nobody wants to kill the greens when they get higher, or are too low to kill the avocets.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since every post is green vs teal vs blue vs my ass, I thought maybe I could get some thoughts on XP spots outside of the normal path since the crowds are big. I will literally level anywhere that gives me moderate to good XP. It doesnt have to be the best, just not complete garbage. Hitting 22-23 has greened out or made most of my mobs low blues. Aka they give much less XP and as other people catch up it just gets more crowded. Also people talk about "off the beaten path" as to a reason why we didn't need a server split -- so let's hear some.

Anybody throw out some ideas for different level ranges? Whether its solo, duo, trio, or full group. Just places that aren't Crushbone->Oasis->Guk/SolA->Mistmoore->SolB/LGuk.

I was thinking maybe Permafrost (late teens, early 20s in full group) or Cazic-thule (mid 20s? not sure never been there) Maybe Splitpaw is viable? What about city guards? I'd tank my faction for some good XP in almost any city! Perhaps psychologically it's a lost cause because nobody will go somewhere that is "less xp" even if it means not waiting for a Mistmoore CE group at level 31.
Pls confirm how your ass is faring in the arguments.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Orc

Id like to get some grouping going in far off out of the normal leveling paths also. Ive played every tlp, played some blue. Ive seen my share of crushbone and unrest and mistmoore. Ive see the deserts. Ive seen enough frogs to last me a lifetime. I mostly just want to get grouping in places that ive never seen or spent much time in.

This could be the last time i have a chance to play classic in which these zones could be relevant.

Places I would like to group in:

Runnyeye
Splitpaw
Permafrost
Cazic Thule
Anywhere on Odus
Ocean of Tears - really only ever done goblins
Najena
Lavastorm

I dont mind travelling far on foot as long as I know I have a group waiting on me
Old 11-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Aviak

I've been soloing in Erud's Crossing from 8-20. Last night on Teal I had the place to myself for the most part. Might stretch it to 21 tonight.

I think next I'll hit up Kerra Ridge.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge Keep
Put
a
gun
to
my
head
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

The http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide and http://wiki.project1999.com/Group_Hunting_Spots pages have lots of ideas (although the former more so than the latter).

And of course anyone and everyone is welcome to improve those pages, with ideas from this thread or elsewhere!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice04 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id like to get some grouping going in far off out of the normal leveling paths also. Ive played every tlp, played some blue. Ive seen my share of crushbone and unrest and mistmoore. Ive see the deserts. Ive seen enough frogs to last me a lifetime. I mostly just want to get grouping in places that ive never seen or spent much time in.

This could be the last time i have a chance to play classic in which these zones could be relevant.

Places I would like to group in:

Runnyeye
Splitpaw
Permafrost
Cazic Thule
Anywhere on Odus
Ocean of Tears - really only ever done goblins
Najena
Lavastorm

I dont mind travelling far on foot as long as I know I have a group waiting on me
im just about done in EC, depending on level i wouldnt mind some sight seeing
Closed Thread