Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Aviak

Default Secrets & mysteries of Everquest

Part of me regrets not making this thread before the Green server was announced; maybe then those tightly kept tricks of the trade would have slipped through looser lips.

Anyway, the idea being to collaborate against the elite (or with) and share what might be common knowledge among them, and maybe learn a few neat things along the way. Classic or not, questions and ideas welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wish I had more to add, but a couple things I've learned over time are:

- Instant click item like Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring will refresh global spell cooldown on all spells except the one cast.

- I read somewhere a long time ago about a neat idea to raise a lvl 11 (or whatever the min level to enter Overthere is) and use that toon to hold HS keys instead of corpsing outside.

- I think there is a way to get through locked doors with illusion and shrink pots, or the eye of zomm and shrink pots? I think I might have even done it once a long ass time ago but I totally forget the formula haha. Was this why the AoN was always worth so much?

- Way back in the day I think I recall feign deathing through the crypt door, but I'm not sure that works anymore?
Last edited by solidious77; 11-06-2019 at 10:02 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

I'm glad you made this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd been considering a "Things you wish you knew before you started playing" thread.

- Have lots of copper/silver but aren't near a bank? Find an item that buys/sells for a close price and is valued over 1p. repeat buy and sell that item until you've converted all your copper/silver into plat with a small loss in total value.

- Banking in a hostile area. Use the F9 camera angles to bank from around a corner/behind a wall!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Kobold

How many different pet names are there? And can you summon a pet named the same as someone else in the same zone? Or is there a list of available pet names and if I already have "Jobaber" in Steamfont, no one else can summon a "Jobaber?" I think this makes each pet more special.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

If you have proven advanced techniques and tips, place them here:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Advanced_Techniques_Guide

Only 100% verifiable stuff, no I think or maybe please.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Aviak

More widely known but worth mentioning no doubt:

- Item recharges: selling charged item to 'empty' vendor (empty meaning you can sell an item and buy the same one back. Test with something cheap) and then selling the same, uncharged item, and buying both back as charged.

- Corpsing lore items if you've got a camped locked down: You kill a mob and a lore item drops that you're already wearing or already successfully farmed; so you die intentionally with lore item in main inventory slot (so you can loot all your bags on recovery) and then you can loot the item from the mobs corpse, and leave the lore item on your corpse for 7 days or whatever
Old 11-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have proven advanced techniques and tips, place them here:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Advanced_Techniques_Guide

Only 100% verifiable stuff, no I think or maybe please.
Oh sweet, I didn't know that existed! I just listed corpsing haha. I'll check that out in a little bit. Cheers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of me regrets not making this thread before the Green server was announced; maybe then those tightly kept tricks of the trade would have slipped through looser lips.

Anyway, the idea being to collaborate against the elite (or with) and share what might be common knowledge among them, and maybe learn a few neat things along the way. Classic or not, questions and ideas welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wish I had more to add, but a couple things I've learned over time are:

- Instant click item like Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring will refresh global spell cooldown on all spells except the one cast.

- I read somewhere a long time ago about a neat idea to raise a lvl 11 (or whatever the min level to enter Overthere is) and use that toon to hold HS keys instead of corpsing outside.

- I think there is a way to get through locked doors with illusion and shrink pots, or the eye of zomm and shrink pots? I think I might have even done it once a long ass time ago but I totally forget the formula haha. Was this why the AoN was always worth so much?

- Way back in the day I think I recall feign deathing through the crypt door, but I'm not sure that works anymore?
Your things aren't right or confirmed on green to my knowledge.

Clickies do reset the GCD on the spell you just cast. What you may be thinking of is how some spells have a longer CD than the GCD, which does not get reset on long CDs but still does get reset in the top spellgem for short-ish CDs.

The HS key idea is pretty good if you can get them back and forth from alt to main safely.

Bugging through doors may be fixed on green. I seem to remember some patch note about x,y,z coordinates being improved when changing sizes. Not able to test it with my character yet. It was in the patch notes where ToT got changed too. On a related note, lev trick shouldn't work anymore either with the client forced to 60 FPS. Haynar and Rogean bringing the hammer down on enchanter shenanigans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-06-2019 at 10:52 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Aviak

Oh that makes sense with the GCD. I learned it late in the game in Blue so it just seemed as if that spell wasn't refreshed haha.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Aviak

Found this vid looking for p99 conent a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryXJFKhVU8M

At around the 19:00 mark he shows off a neat trick I never knew:

- You can use a /target self macro to confirm if your hide was successful. Would be super handy for DE necro's and monks out there. Note: Hide doesn't work against undead so I'm not sure that will clear your FD aggro with them.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Kobold

This thread is doing God’s work for those of us that like to dabble in EQ in our free time but still experience pussy
Closed Thread