Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

It’s not even that you’re delusional, you’re just straight up lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always lol when people act like players didn’t know to max charisma for enchanters and this is some kind of revelation that happened recently
They didn’t, heck most people on this server don’t even know how critical it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the people I grouped with has significantly better gear than players on P99
No they didn’t.

Quote:
. I recently inspected a rogue on P99 blue and gasped at his armor. People who main rogues there are rare, and seeing one with good gear is rare... and the I realized that even though his gear was dreamy by p99 standards that it was absolutely Garbo compared to my rogues gear 20 years ago.
This didn’t happen...
Old 05-12-2021, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They didn’t, heck most people on this server don’t even know how critical it is.
News flash, most people on P99 are really bad. I've said this from day one. It was not normal to have a group full of kids who spent 65% of the game AFK, expecting to get carried, refusing to run anywhere without SoW, or being scared to pull mobs in a basic bitch dungeon.

PS. This guide was written in 1999, dumbass. "My research has proven to me that CHA has a profound impact on charming, without a doubt"
Old 05-12-2021, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I always lol when people act like players didn’t know to max charisma for enchanters and this is some kind of revelation that happened recently

Most of the people I grouped with has significantly better gear than players on P99

I recently inspected a rogue on P99 blue and gasped at his armor. People who main rogues there are rare, and seeing one with good gear is rare... and the I realized that even though his gear was dreamy by p99 standards that it was absolutely Garbo compared to my rogues gear 20 years ago.
It’s impossible to have bad gear on a TLP. Your 72 man raid gets 100% of raid mobs that spawn every week. On top of that being able to get Kronos to sell for RMT means the top droppable gear from the previous expansion is available for sale in Baz as soon as it’s been replaced. Saying TLP players have worse gear than p99 is just not accurate.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s impossible to have bad gear on a TLP. Your 72 man raid gets 100% of raid mobs that spawn every week. On top of that being able to get Kronos to sell for RMT means the top droppable gear from the previous expansion is available for sale in Baz as soon as it’s been replaced. Saying TLP players have worse gear than p99 is just not accurate.
im talking about on p99
not on tlp

like most of the rogues i see have bad gear on p99

and yeah tlp is hella easy... i can go farm warrens for like 30 minutes, and make enough plat to buy an upgrade that woulda been considered insanely good item 20 years ago
Old 05-12-2021, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
News flash, most people on P99 are really bad. I've said this from day one. It was not normal to have a group full of kids who spent 65% of the game AFK, expecting to get carried, refusing to run anywhere without SoW, or being scared to pull mobs in a basic bitch dungeon.

PS. This guide was written in 1999, dumbass. "My research has proven to me that CHA has a profound impact on charming, without a doubt"
It’s pretty sad that you seem to have negative things to say about/experiences on this server yet you can’t seem to stop coming back to it. Stop being so soft. Don’t bother with P99 if you don’t like it.

Remember when you deleted your characters and posted about it here and everyone was like “um k? Cool thanks for letting us know? K bye”
Old 05-12-2021, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is strong truth to this. Unless you had someone take you under their wing or you decided to visit castersrealm.com, you learned your class through trial and error. I remember having to check Allakazam for the list my spells as well learning what they did.
Yeah honestly the biggest things I remember as far as actual gameplay mechanics go was that 1. So many people didn’t bother debuffing a mob’s MR...and then they’d try and Charm and naturally that wasn’t a great idea, and 2. For awhile people had no idea that one of the saving rolls for Charm was level difference...I remember being in groups where people wanted the charmed pet to be the highest level the ench could get the spell to stick on! Lol
Old 05-13-2021, 12:26 AM
Banned

Things I personally had no idea about when I leveled an enchanter to lev 35 in vanilla EQ:

1. Gnomes could see through walls (I never used gnome illusion)

2. Lull didn't require line of sight and could be used with gnome illusion to lull mobs multiple rooms away using the /target command

3. GCD clickies meant you could stun and re-charm or mez before a mob could hit me. I just face tanked the mobs after using stun and prayed I didn't get interrupted while trying to re-charm or mez

Also

On P99 it costs about 1k pp to get enough gear for ~205 unbuffed charisma. I had 210 unbuffed charisma by level 18 on P99. I wasn't even charming often because the animation was still better than mob dps at these levels. On vanilla EQ I never had nearly the charisma I have on P99, I think I ended up having around 150 and I had far more pp on my vanilla EQ enchanter by level 35 than I did on my p99 enchanter by level 18

I think I grouped maybe 2 or 3 times in vanilla EQ. I remember them vividly because being praised for handling trains well was what made enchanter my favorite class, but I still solo'ed my entire time in vanilla EQ. About 80% of that was attempting to charm solo

But, by all means, program in an artificial break to charm occurring every 3-5 minutes on P99, and have a message sent to the player in chat saying "you have been afflicted by people's hazy memories of what vanilla EQ was like"

I'm all for it. Got the server's 9520258 necro alt ready to go
Old 05-13-2021, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all for it. Got the server's 9520258 necro alt ready to go
Lich is solidly confirmed like basically the best spell ever in game so it's no contest for me who can reliably churn mobs the fastest.

Really enjoying the sarcasm from enchanters who feel basically entitled to be the best fungi tunic farmer in p99 "classic".
Old 05-13-2021, 01:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lich is solidly confirmed like basically the best spell ever in game so it's no contest for me who can reliably churn mobs the fastest.

Really enjoying the sarcasm from enchanters who feel basically entitled to be the best fungi tunic farmer in p99 "classic".
I’m no expert since my highest level char is 40 on p99, but isn’t there an item that lets everyone become an enchanter for a short while that’s useful for attempting hard named kills

I’m flattered you think I would ever be enough of a neckbeard to camp a fungi tunic. Your confidence in my video game discipline is inspiring
Old 05-13-2021, 07:26 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because it basically sucked

i played live from 1999 to 2005

i was crazy its the only thing i did

i know

charm should last 30 seconds at best most of the time even at 255 charisma until pop
Fraps or it didnt happen
Closed Thread