Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-28-2022, 01:04 PM
Banned

Molten Core, their first raid, was designed to be like a 5-6 hour dungeon. Some guilds will try to break it up into multiple days of raiding, I suggest gravitating to one of those

Because if not, nothing will burn you out faster than running the same 5-6 hour long boring ass raid over and over AND OVER again trying for like an 11% chance for a particular piece of gear to drop that you better have on soft reserve or a DKP system

Same goes for ZG, have fun running that long ass dungeon 10383794 times trying to get a particular piece of gear with a shitty as F drop chance to finish. I think I ran ZG over 50 times in classic WoW trying to get this band+seal of Jin ring set which was BiS until like the last phase (which I finally did, and promised myself to never run that shit again in my life) https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19925/band-of-jin. I could never even get the dagger + sword combo to drop off Hakkar, I gave up, I was so sick of ZG by that point

Their pvp is amazing but players have ruined it in classic. Every BG will be a full honor-grinding premade of sweaty fat fuck players, and it will roll over all random pick up groups (pugs) and camp you at the spirit healer the entire time. I suggest not rezzing for the 3 min it takes to lose the match to prevent them getting free kills. Your only option is to find 9-14 other players and make your own premade, which unless they are top tier pvp’ers, is still going to get run over. Back when I was playing vanilla WoW 15+ years ago, there was never this “premade only” BG meta classic has now
Last edited by unsunghero; 03-28-2022 at 01:07 PM..
Old 03-28-2022, 01:18 PM
Banned

That being said, if some future version of Classic+ ever fixes BG’s to where PUGS get matched against PUGS and premades to premades, I will 100% come back to classic WoW to wreck BG’s again. Because playing PuG vs PuG BG’s solo is by far the most fun WoW has to offer, which is quite a lot of fun if you like and are good at pvp
Old 03-28-2022, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Multiple people or not- Tunabros decent from normality has been steep to say the least.. Fuckin chin up little one, for fucks sake....
Old 03-28-2022, 01:29 PM
Banned

When they get mad as they beat off to t-girls "Why am i like this?!!?!" boohooo!!!
Old 03-28-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
decided to try it for real

and shit

it's actually pretty fun

just subscribed last week and I'm already 50 hours in

Im on horde side playing on the Grobbulus server if anyone wants to play or give me

free shit
It’s fun. I tried it for a while but got frustrated trying to find decent groups in the mid levels.

50 hours in a week is a little concerning Tuna. Get some sun
Old 03-28-2022, 01:41 PM
Banned

Vitamins tunabros.

Chia seeds in oatmeal.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

I tried WoW. I just couldn't get into it. City of Heroes way better themepark/cartoon style game.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Picked up Diablo 1 this weekend- But not playin the hellfire dlc, cause its garbage.. But holy cow i missed this game (see what i did there?) Glad to be able to play it now as an adult with more knowledge of what the F i'm actually doing..

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo
Old 03-28-2022, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Picked up Diablo 1 this weekend- But not playin the hellfire dlc, cause its garbage.. But holy cow i missed this game (see what i did there?) Glad to be able to play it now as an adult with more knowledge of what the F i'm actually doing..

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo
You should try planescape torment.

The combat is awful, but the story and writing are the best out of any game ever created in my opinion.

Yes planescape torment has the greatest storyline of any video game ever.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-28-2022, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should try planescape torment.

The combat is awful, but the story and writing are the best out of any game ever created in my opinion.

Yes planescape torment has the greatest storyline of any video game ever.
Im having a struggle trying to play through Fallout 1.. And this seems like a similar issue.. The turn based fighting in fallout 1 is making me lose my mind.. Cause i absolutely love the fallout series lore..

I'm trying insanely hard to let the story take control, but the fighting system, omg im not sure i can endure it..

I gotta see what planescape combat is like.. But i would absolutely try my damndest if the story is good... Let me check this one out..