Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-13-2023, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider hitting your enter key, hope that helps.
Judging by the standard of a dedicated Warrior main, his prose reads like Tolstoy or Fitzgerald.
Old 09-15-2023, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Holy text-wall

Please make paragraphs
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-17-2023, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a rogue, warrior and Paladin all at 60, and I’m the exact mirror copy of you in terms of time. I attend a raid or two a week, the occasional quake etc.

Rogue is my favorite for raiding. It’s such an easy, relaxing class with zero responsibility but people still love you. If I wanted to make raiding my primary objective, or if what I cared about was solely raiding, I’d mostly play a Rogue.

Paladin is my favorite for group, or even solo content. While they’re not as good as a lot of the top tier solo classes, they’re extremely fun to dungeon crawl with solo. I absolutely love the class and I consider myself a Paladin main at heart.

My warrior is the one I play the least. It’s always the one I’ve probably wanted to have geared out more than any other, but in actuality, probably my least favorite. They can be kindof frustrating to tank with in groups while leveling, and unless you’re tanking stuff in a raid, you’re acting very similar to a rogue. I do love the class, but if I were to have to pick just one to play, it would be my last pick of the 3.

In order, based on a similar play schedule/style to your own, I’d do Paladin first, Rogue second, and Warrior last of the 3. That’s assuming I could only play one. Luckily p1999 isn’t going anywhere and I’ve had enough time to work on all 3!

That being said, I also hate playing a Shaman. The constant canni/click/torpor dance is extremely unfun to me, I don’t care how powerful they are. I find twisting nonstop on my Bard less obnoxious.
Have 60 of all melee classes all full raid geared.

Problem with war is that you'll eventually want to gear him with the best because it makes a world diff. Not so much with rogue or ranger. Every war piece gonna be highly competitive, so expect a long long process with low raid attendance.

10k you can level war np, but knowing that there's so much potential if you had this or that may drive you nuts.

If the goal is to chill at raid with auto atk, and gear a toon relatively well with limited raid attendance, go with rogue/ranger. If you want to tank while not raiding maybe go with hybrid.
Old 09-17-2023, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have 60 of all melee classes all full raid geared.
What is your favorite melee character, or any character for that matter to raid on? Enchanter main, I have a 52 pally but I don't think I would enjoy the leveling journey of a rogue or warrior enough to reach 60.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is your favorite melee character, or any character for that matter to raid on? Enchanter main, I have a 52 pally but I don't think I would enjoy the leveling journey of a rogue or warrior enough to reach 60.
Enchanter is actually quite capable and not just the buffbot most baddies make them out to be.

You're charming in all the planes + Kael + Dain. You can charm a hatchling for tight races like Eashen, Vyemm, etc.

Dictate on Trak engages.

I always logged cleric bots for ST golems but I did charm some in a farm crew for prismatic scales.

Not sure how snappy tash aggro is now, but I used to get into a TL box group for insta tashes as flurries / slowable bosses were pulled. You get a TL box from wiz, tash tough mob, click box instantly, zone back in, get coth'd back immediately and get ready for the next one. Great way to get slows in ultra fast when you're on a competitive engage.

Sieves. Lots of sieves.

If Vulak meta is still wizards kiting all the guards in trips room you have goalie duties there.

Weak in VP for sure, though.

Anyone, including enchanters, can step up with a DA idol + earring and make a raid-saving play.

My experience could be a little out of date! I'm sure the meta has changed on some of this shit.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Tash barely makes them sniff at you anymore, it's near 0 agro
Old 09-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tash barely makes them sniff at you anymore, it's near 0 agro
damn how times have changed
Old 09-22-2023, 08:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rogue - you don't get any tells, is solid contributor with just one good weapon alongside epic, you won't fuck anything up - and you don't need tons of dkp for armors to stay alive

if you want to be called out and asked to do stuff, then war, plus you look cool