Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-01-2023, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Default SK Pre-50 Leveling: 1 Handed or 2 Handed

I have been playing a SK Twink and was wondering what the best leveling weapon would be up to level 50? Budget isn’t a concern so I am curious what would be the best option?

I am considering Massive Dragonclaw Shard, Reaver, Argent Protector, etc. I am currently using a Swiftblade of Zek pre level 30 as I figured that makes the most sense (I also have a Blade of Carnage but I think swiftblade would be better pre level 20).

I am not considering any questable or No Drop items at this time.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

If you plan on fear kiting big 2h is pretty nice. You don't need to stay in perfect range the whole time like you would with a 1h
For group tanking sword and board is nice
Old 10-01-2023, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercalif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been playing a SK Twink and was wondering what the best leveling weapon would be up to level 50? Budget isn’t a concern so I am curious what would be the best option?

I am considering Massive Dragonclaw Shard, Reaver, Argent Protector, etc. I am currently using a Swiftblade of Zek pre level 30 as I figured that makes the most sense (I also have a Blade of Carnage but I think swiftblade would be better pre level 20).

Use any 1h pre 30 doesn't matter what, after that swap to 2h and pretend 1h doesn't exist
Old 10-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercalif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just use reaver 20+. It will still hit for like 80 20-30. Or if you really need to 1h for a sec then ebon mace but I never bothered. Sell sboz/boc for narandi crown if you don’t have one.
Old 10-01-2023, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

If you raid on your main and you're not an elf, the Dain axe is hard to beat.

Don't buy a Massive Dragonclaw Shard unless you get it very cheap. They are impossible to move.

I like the 21/24 piercer until 30 for Reaver (or Dain axe if you're fancy).
Old 10-01-2023, 07:52 PM
Kobold

I’m not currently raiding any longer so that’s why I took off no drop items for now. For some weird reason I like 1 handed dps but I do agree that I might just go for a Reaver next time I see one for sale.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Reaver is tough to beat once the cap gets lifted. Leveling with like a Frostwrath, Soul Defiler, or Sledge of Smashing wouldn’t be bad.

I’d rather just use a velks sword or ebon for tanking over a MDS.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Reaver / Herbalist Spade til Narandi's Lance

1 handers are shit, even for tanking.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reaver is tough to beat once the cap gets lifted. Leveling with like a Frostwrath, Soul Defiler, or Sledge of Smashing wouldn’t be bad.

I’d rather just use a velks sword or ebon for tanking over a MDS.
I dunno, with the SK threat changes, might be worth having the higher DPS weapon. My 51 SK twink is using a rocksmasher so I don’t have experience either way, but seems higher damage output would make a solid difference.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno, with the SK threat changes, might be worth having the higher DPS weapon. My 51 SK twink is using a rocksmasher so I don’t have experience either way, but seems higher damage output would make a solid difference.
Probably, I guess let someone else interior. My big point was don’t buy a MDS.