Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-10-2024, 06:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Fastest to lvl using cheese that took way longer.

Get to cap first on a fresh server and people might care.

And you might get warder loot too.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love calling out someone for their flawed logic in not counting the time it took to farm the items needed to level quickly by comparing it to PLing without counting the time it took to level the character that is doing the PLing.

We should probably hand out honorary degrees for the incredible debate skills present in this thread
Why would you count the time it took to level the character that's doing the PLing lol. That's not your character so it wasn't your time....unless Warpath just admitted that he boxes to PL himself
Old 01-11-2024, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you count the time it took to level the character that's doing the PLing lol. That's not your character so it wasn't your time....unless Warpath just admitted that he boxes to PL himself
I'm just saying its comparable to the time it takes to farm all the turn ins for the exp turn in method. Both methods require someone to invest an extreme amount of time prior to creating this new character in order for this new character to set a speed record. In other words neither of these methods would be available on day 1 of a server so its a more apples to apples comparison.

And good point, PLing would also require an entirely additional human. I prefer to earn my exp through skill so you can probably tell I've never done either of these. I actually like to be good at the class by the time it reaches high level.

Sounds like a better comparison would be the amount of time you would have to spend farming plat to pay someone to PL you (that also had to spend time leveling/gearing their own toon in order to be capable of PLing).
Old 01-11-2024, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just saying its comparable to the time it takes to farm all the turn ins for the exp turn in method. Both methods require someone to invest an extreme amount of time prior to creating this new character in order for this new character to set a speed record. In other words neither of these methods would be available on day 1 of a server so its a more apples to apples comparison.

And good point, PLing would also require an entirely additional human. I prefer to earn my exp through skill so you can probably tell I've never done either of these. I actually like to be good at the class by the time it reaches high level.

Sounds like a better comparison would be the amount of time you would have to spend farming plat to pay someone to PL you (that also had to spend time leveling/gearing their own toon in order to be capable of PLing).
Yeah the latter is probably a better comparison if you're paying and not having a guildy do it
Old 03-13-2024, 03:26 AM
Kobold

I once saw somebody using one of these potions in blackburrow. I saw their corpse not long after. What a waste..
Old 03-13-2024, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

That's nothing, people have died after clicking one of these that cost around 25k. Summons a level 40ish necro pet you can use at level 1.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Red_Dragon_Tooth
Old 03-13-2024, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's nothing, people have died after clicking one of these that cost around 25k. Summons a level 40ish necro pet you can use at level 1.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Red_Dragon_Tooth
hehe yup
Old 03-14-2024, 10:25 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can hit for 70+ with the right weapon too =)

But still not the fastest way to level. You'd need to check my signature for that once-in-a-lifetime-never-to-be-beaten record [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow dude I rarely visit these forums and literally every time I do I see you mentioning your "record".

Just wondering, who asked?
Old 03-14-2024, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

If i invent the game (1st to 50), define the rules (in a game that has lvl 60), narrowly define the point scoring system (using hundreds of man hours and not taking any of it into account) and then close the game (lvl 60 enabled).
It's an easy win. Checkmate losers.

P.S unchecking show sigs in posts saves you from seeing that rainbow spamfest.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorasis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow dude I rarely visit these forums and literally every time I do I see you mentioning your "record".

Just wondering, who asked?
Thank you for your question. You can find most of my records in my signature. Enjoy the awesomeness.