Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Targeting tips or tricks?

I am having a hard time in certain situations targeting stacked mobs on a big pull for mezzing. How are you green Enchanters doing it? What's working best for you?
Old 11-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

No good answer for you, i ended up abandoning my chanter on green to try something new, but in the 20ish levels i hit it was a big source of frustration.

Using body to position and f8 was one thing that seemed to help (ie like strafing around a stack of mobs). Mouse targeting worked like crap, literally felt like 50 percent of the time i could be clicking on some mob on its own with nothing close and it still wouldnt target. I did find being in actual first person mode (and not rolled back over the shoulder) greatly improved mouse targeting.

My guess is the real solution will be liberal use of AE mez and strategies built around that. Like having groupmates pull things out, rooting whatever you can target, and then either continuing to ae mez ir just seeing what comes out in 24 seconds which can then be targeted? Its a level 16 spell, it never gets replaced, so costs basically nothing as your level goes up.

One other thing would be some trickery with assist keys. Your pet, the tank, people getting beat on, all could provide a way to target stuff.

Honestly had i stuck with it i was going to come and ask this very question to see what other people were doing. But these are some of the things i was thinking about, hope it is at least of some assistance. Not gonna lie loss of tab targeting sure does suck for chanters!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 11-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Glad you said that, I thought I was a idiot and missing something! I played a warrior, and quit playing after PoP. I played a little bit of blue last year but only to lvl 17. I enjoyed it but the server was all longtime vets, I wanted to be part of something new. Green was announced and here I am!

Didn't realize the targeting was like that for Enchanters when I was pulling trains on our group back in the day lol..

Other than swapping tab and f8 key binds I been doing exactly as you described.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

I never knew about, nor have I used tab-targeting.

My Chanter is the king of CC.

I reckon I get the job done through careful synergy of camera and position.

And Mesmerization is a really great spell.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

If you didn’t already know this one, you can use Shift T to look yourself in the face, then right-click-and-drag the camera around quite intuitively. You might be able to use this to look at a stack of mobs from the back, and click on them to target a different individual.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Usually it's up to the puller to properly pull the mobs back in a way that casters can properly target them for root/mez. on of my enchanter tricks back in the day when you have kind of q stupid puller/tank who isnt giving mob good separation for CC, is to mez the first one you can target. Then get close to the pile of mobs for an AoE stun. Make sure your target is empty. Then the mobs will start to hit you and you can mix in some stuns with the mez's letting them add themselves to your tagetting.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Skeleton

It's all about the feet.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Usually it's up to the puller to properly pull the mobs back in a way that casters can properly target them for root/mez. on of my enchanter tricks back in the day when you have kind of q stupid puller/tank who isnt giving mob good separation for CC, is to mez the first one you can target. Then get close to the pile of mobs for an AoE stun. Make sure your target is empty. Then the mobs will start to hit you and you can mix in some stuns with the mez's letting them add themselves to your tagetting.
Or you could just aoe mez!
Old 11-27-2019, 05:20 PM
Aviak

yeah i just started aoe mezzing yesterday and it's a lot better than trying to single-target
the key that i hadn't realized before someone explained it to me is that you can cast level 4 mez over aoe mez if you want to hold a single target longer than the initial 24 seconds
Old 11-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you could just aoe mez!
Ya, you can, but that's not always the best idea. Especially as you get higher level and mobs start becoming more dangerous and a pack of them can easily outdamage your healers ability to keep you alive. Especially if you are mixing charming with doing CC. If charming this is probably the best idea:

Try to mez one on the pull back. Then root one of them in the pack of mobs. if root is resisted, great, mez it now. Get close enough for AoE stun but not melee range off the rooted one. AoE Stun. Then single target mez them as they add themselves to your target cursor.
Closed Thread