Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default buy the rogue epic?

Hi guys, my rogue is currently in the low 30s. I can likely afford the ragebringer mq sooner than later but I think I rather do the epic myself at 50+. I have decent weapons now so I'd like to just spend plat on stuff like jboots and iksar hide mask.

Bad idea? Should I just spring for the ragebringer mq to be done with it?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Do the epic. At level 30ish you can pick pocket the pages , get ready to run on fails, at your level you can likely survive a few rounds. The DE guy I think some people pick pocket through the ceiling (standing above him outside the rogue guild), to avoid deaths.

After you do that running around part, you may need to buy an MQ of the Book of Souls, no one should charge more than 1k for this, hell anyone with an extra one should do it for free so long as you provide the port to steamfont ( or pay someone to provide it). Also offer up 1k~ to a Druid to kite around Renux with Ensnare. A 60 Druid can nuke Renux to death with Wildfires off a full bar of mana, if not just have them chain cast ensnare and flame lick while you poke away at her.

At that point, you either need to make a post asking for help on General or pay some people to help you kill him. Hoping he drops you the Cazic Quill. If not you'll end up having to buy those Robes.

If you like quests, I sugges that. If that sounds like its tedious and you'd rather lose 30k, feel free doing that.

I suggest against the Iksar Hide Mask though. It doesn't help you do anything and just looks cool. It's fashionquest, if that's what floats your boat though I guess go for it.

JBoots are okay. I personally say SoW potions > JBoots cause faster, longer, and cheaper over the next year of play.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you for the advice. I think this is what Im going to do.

I thought the iksar mask would be useful for having access to cab but maybe it won't be needed much. I'll rethink that one.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

You're a rogue. Hide/Sneak where you want. Sneak behind guard and bank, sneak behind merchants and sell.

Those illusions are junk buffs (get DE mask free for this). Plus cab is a terrible zone. You're far away from it in any dungeon you would be in usually.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

I think I've been to Cab once on my rogue in 3 years lol. As a rogue, faction doesn't mean too much to us. As long as there's no mob watching you, you can use to sneak bank and vendor. If you're quick (and lucky), it doesn't matter if you're being watched as long as you get hide back up before the server notices you.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I've been to Cab once on my rogue in 3 years lol. As a rogue, faction doesn't mean too much to us. As long as there's no mob watching you, you can use to sneak bank and vendor. If you're quick (and lucky), it doesn't matter if you're being watched as long as you get hide back up before the server notices you.
That's sort of Sneeky!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good advice Cecily.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Fine. The truth is I wanted it for fashionquest. Happy? You made me admit it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: i wont buy it.yet.
Last edited by dododo; 07-27-2015 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Luckily the epic for your chosen class is the simplest in game. Unless you have a desire to power through the early levels with epic I would do it myself.

Which, I am doing since I don't have much plat to my name.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also offer up 1k~ to a Druid to kite around Renux with Ensnare. A 60 Druid can nuke Renux to death with Wildfires off a full bar of mana, if not just have them chain cast ensnare and flame lick while you poke away at her.
I was under the impression that Renux was immune to snare. If what you're saying is true then my life has become far easier.

Never bothered trying in the past since I just assumed and brought a tank and healer.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Easily snared.
Closed Thread