Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Banned

I have windows 10
Old 03-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Orc

i'm so glad this question still gets asked. how long ago were they implemented exactly?
wtb p99 history book
Old 03-07-2019, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm so glad this question still gets asked. how long ago were they implemented exactly?
wtb p99 history book
So it's been a long time but, I actually do believe the 16 hour variance was a significant decrease brought about when the Class System here was implemented. The previous variance I do believe was 72 hours or 3 days on the 7 day spawns. The initial variance was put in during Classic as people poopsocked Nagafen and Vox spawn points so the hope was maybe with variance, it would move people away from the spawn point and they would have to somewhat assemble when it spawned. With variance being so massive almost all guilds ignored the 7 day raid mobs. I remember being rather pleased upon hearing that dragons would be certain to spawn within a single 24 hour period when the shortening of the variance happened. The variance was shortened only because the players had promised they wouldn't poopsock the raid targets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The variance was shortened only because the players had promised they wouldn't poopsock the raid targets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wew lad, about that....
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The variance was shortened only because the players had promised they wouldn't poopsock the raid targets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2019, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

it was 96 hours before, so this is much better. Also, on live Variance was +/- 10% so a 7 day spawn was +/- 8.4 hours. It actually less here than on live.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Detoxx did some heavy investigation into this subject, it was probably the most beautifully constructed bug report OP I've ever seen, and the gold standard for classic research:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...assic+variance
Old 03-07-2019, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

I do what I can for the greater good.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Detoxx did some heavy investigation into this subject, it was probably the most beautifully constructed bug report OP I've ever seen, and the gold standard for classic research:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...assic+variance
Well he certainly crafted a fine OP I will give him that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Banned

variance
Closed Thread