Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hilarious that you continue to ask people why, and when they give a very thorough explanation as to why you continue to dodge the answer with false arguments from people who didn't even make them. Not once did I talk about alts. The simple fact of the matter is rotating the top end content will either

A. starve bigger guilds of loot ending up with 900 guilds
or
B. cause said bigger guilds to go after EVERY middle tier target that isn't in TOV resulting in guys like BG and PS to never get much of anything done.

It's a bad idea and there's a reason why this server and not any one of the instanced or rotated servers are as popular as this one is. Exclusivity, whether you like to admit it or not, is a driving human factor here.

It boils down to it sucks to suck Loramin and hopefully the tendies don't get cold while you forum warrior
Sorry, I was trying to be amusing while at the same time referencing earlier posts that claimed something completely different would happen (that all Aftermath members would simply join smaller guilds with alts and play them).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was not a single guild on live that was rotating current content.

zero
zilch
none
nada

P99 guilds also allow "bottom tier" classes to attend raids in large numbers which wouldn't have happened on live. If you were in a top end guild you were useful or you were cut.

Currently on "repop day" there are 3 guilds (and maybe more) that are going to be for sure functionally locked in and getting loot in TOV

Core
AM
AG

These guys COMPETE against each other which allows smaller guilds like PS and BG etc to steal some smaller fries (see CS dragon)

If I'm AM and I'm locked out of TOV for 4 weeks how do you think those smaller guilds like BG and PS are going to fair when AM is sitting around waiting for their "rotation". They won't have anything else to do other than kill smaller targets and they have the resources and toons to be parked everywhere if they don't need to worry about a vulak pop.
My server absolutely did rotate current content. And they absolutely had multiple HIE paladins, assling druids, and human necros on raids.

That said, none of that matters. What makes this server so different from live is each server only had 1-2 guilds with enough leveled (or AA'd) toons even capable of killing the top current content at any time.

Given a week of little or no competition we have at least 6 guilds capable of killing every single mob in ToV and several more who could do most of the mobs.

Natural outcome of so many years in Kunark and Velious.

Also, nothing is inherently not competitive about rotated ToV. Since there are certain guilds who love competition so much (and totally aren't just in it for the pixels), on their week they can just split up into 4 teams and compete against each other. It is all about the competition, right?
Old 03-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

The point is that having pixels that are difficult to get and no every joe shmo has is why competition is desired.

A perspective

I do not enjoy the raid scene whatsoever but I'd like some inherently difficult to receive pixels because receiving pixels is cool and enjoyable for me
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely 100% not! Look in the upper right hand corner: reproducing classic EverQuest is what this server is built around! The unclassic "competition" is just the best solution the maintainers have found (thus far: they keep changing things over time). They want classic EQ, and based on what they've said they really would prefer not to have to deal with the raid scene at all.

Nobodies (your words [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) are entitled to their opinion to. So as a nobody on this server, ask yourself: do you think you should have to join a guild where people use artificial mechanisms (eg. CoH ducking) to "compete" in ways that never were practiced on live servers, or do you think any guild capable of killing dragons should have a chance to? Which server would you prefer to play on?
Mhmm I agree.. Dev's here are doin a great of that for sure! They've reproduced the classic experience for me levels 1-60. Got to see end game content in and out of a guild. (Thanks AM for that open ToV raid). I entirely agree w/ you it isn't classic to be CoTH ducking for raid targets, but it doesn't prevent you, or any other guilds from doing so (and gaining an unfair advantage). And I believe CoH ducking has been discouraged among agreeing top end guilds making it more some-what-fair.

In the grand scheme the players and community decide what the end game scene is like(without GM interference). Unless you can get all major guild leaders to approve and agree "rotations" is what's best for everyone the current rule-set seems reasonable.

If a guild is capable of killing a dragon .. my answer is: Yes! they should have an equal chance too(in some form or fashion). Which as of now.. It is (un-classic as you state it) where you'd require 2 CoTH mages properly parked at X,Y,Z targets and a capable pull team / raid force ready to engage during a 16 hr window...

I would continue to play on P99 and roll new chars to experience classic EQ at it's best until I get bored AF.

I believe those that want to see end game content should go through all the heartache and pain (Acquiring Dkp, Tracking Dkp, Dealing with Guild Drama, Winning a /random, All the good stuff that sets this server apart from other servers) that's required to see dank gear is the best raid system overall for everyone on Project 1999 because the current agreed upon mechanics -no instances- doesn't allow it any other way..
Old 03-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure the powers that be don't care about feelings of exclusivity some poor souls might feel about a game this old.

As far as I can tell they just want a musuem dedicated to classic EQ with as little drama as possible that forces their direct involvement and/or ruining it for the visiting patrons. If they decide it's through rotations then it is what it is and the general "classic" feel of everquest is left untouched in the grand scheme of things.

And considering they already publicly entertained the concept of implementing a rotation (whether in earnest or jest), it's clear they don't particularly care if people decide to leave over it. Just sayin!
Old 03-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My server absolutely did rotate current content. And they absolutely had multiple HIE paladins, assling druids, and human necros on raids.
I would love to know what server this was - because raiding was hyper competitive with tons of trash talking from every server that I remember.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

LORAMIN FROStSEER

Lmk when you see it.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Every live server I played on required competition to obtain pixels.

Sorry you aren't reliving your classic experience? You seem to be in the minority of servers that had rotations.

Hopefully Rogean doesn't ruin the server with rotations.

No response needed, thanks.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Orc

skimming through, i gotta appreciate how hard loramin went on this one.

just admit the frustration of this server keeps it interesting enough. if you weren't complaining about p99 what else would you do? you could be doing that right now
Old 03-22-2019, 05:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I would love to know what server this was - because raiding was hyper competitive with tons of trash talking from every server that I remember.
Prexus. And our top guild from Kunark-Luclin was only a step behind the world-first big boys like FoH, Afterlife, LoS, etc.

One highlight from our rotation system was that you had to tag Dain and take a few rounds to see if he was a 350 or 425 version. You had to earn your spot against a 425.

As for trash talking, our server gave the world this gem. You're welcome.
Closed Thread