Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has broke it for me as well. Test run logs says failed to launch eqgame.exe.
How are we passing pqtchme on linux / mac? I for one am ccalling it in my script, matbe this can be a part of the issue? maybe we should launch the titabium vatch file instead of eqgame.exe?
i have not tried this yet
Old 09-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

would require a frwsh install if for somereason it pushed the patch when we tried to launch through eqgame.exe instead of the titanium laumcher
Old 09-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

I have to start to get ready for bed soon but if there isnt a fix before tonight I'll keep working on ideas
Old 09-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me three

MacOS 14.6 supplemental
Vile's zip becomes broken after applying final p1999 patch files today

Does this have to do with the old nektulous files or something else?

/cry
Hey guys I have the same problem.

Had Vile's awesome install and play. Worked perfectly to patch up other times but now it broke. Launching the game and it crashes before anything happens.

-Blue-
Atychi - 23 Necromancer
Atych - 27 Druid
Old 09-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep it broke the game for me too. The window doesnt load in at all. Everquest comes up on the toolbar then goes away after nothing happens. : (
Same issue for me following install of patch v49. Running Mojave 10.14.6.

Had to disable my anti-virus as I got message about dsetup.dll too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-09-08 at 20.07.54.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

mayne this can help per the notes on the install guide. " . Some users have experienced trouble installing Titanium to their Program Files directory with Windows Vista/7/8, so an alternate path should be specified (Example: C:\EQEmu)."
Old 09-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Aviak

So when I updated spell files earlier, my P99 Wine client would try to boot then crash. I checked wine logs and it said it was dlsetup.dll failing to load, eqgame.exe could not load. So I tried to do a new wine install but can't even remember all the new steps I had to do when I updated to the newest mac os. I now can't even reinstall if I wanted too. But when I went into the reinstalls package contents and went to the sony folder, I saw DLSETUP.DLL as opposed to dlsetup.dll in the new v49 spell files. I copy pasted the DLSETUP.DLL into my original p99 wine file that worked before today and now it CAN BOOT UP AGAIN and get all the way to the character screen. Unfortunately it says my spells are out dated though so not really a fix

TLDR
Updated spell files, it broke my wine launcher to the point it wouldn't even open anymore. Took original p99 installation DLSETUP.dll and replaced the new dlsetup.dll from v49. Wine will now boot all the way to char screen but say spell files are outdated
Old 09-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Aviak

I kept saying DLsetup, I meant dsetup.dll
Old 09-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So when I updated spell files earlier, my P99 Wine client would try to boot then crash. I checked wine logs and it said it was dsetup.dll failing to load, eqgame.exe could not load. So I tried to do a new wine install but can't even remember all the new steps I had to do when I updated to the newest mac os. I now can't even reinstall if I wanted too. But when I went into the reinstalls package contents and went to the sony folder, I saw DSETUP.DLL as opposed to dsetup.dll in the new v49 spell files. I copy pasted the DSETUP.DLL into my original p99 wine file that worked before today and now it CAN BOOT UP AGAIN and get all the way to the character screen. Unfortunately it says my spells are out dated though so not really a fix

TLDR
Updated spell files, it broke my wine launcher to the point it wouldn't even open anymore. Took original p99 installation DSETUP.dll and replaced the new dsetup.dll from v49. Wine will now boot all the way to char screen but say spell files are outdated
If I change the DSETUP.DLL file back to the new one included with v49 spell files, wine will no longer boot at all so it has to be the new dsetup.dll file. Theres also a difference in the .dll files, the original one DSETUP.DLL is from 2015 while the new one included in v49 files dsetup.dll is from today at 8:30 apparently.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If I change the DSETUP.DLL file back to the new one included with v49 spell files, wine will no longer boot at all so it has to be the new dsetup.dll file. Theres also a difference in the .dll files, the original one DSETUP.DLL is from 2015 while the new one included in v49 files dsetup.dll is from today at 8:30 apparently.
on a fresh install with no patch both files are present, as i do not discount that the problem isnt with the dsetup.dll file, as that is possible. in a fresh install no patch both dsetup.dll and DSETUP.dll are already present in the eq folder.

has anyone tried to fresh install into a simple path yet? im unable to try right now, per ibstall notes its suggested to try to install to C:/EQemu instead of defult C:/Default Files/Sony/EverQuest. because it is said that this can cause problems to some users. I will try later if no one has try yet by then