Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really view a two Necromancer and four Magician group as a tragedy. Thank you for your prayers.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait till I get the archive of my old guild's message board. Might find out necro and mages both had to research all their 24+ pets.

And we still don't know if the 4 mobs/pets attacking same target cap will be in or not.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait till I get the archive of my old guild's message board. Might find out necro and mages both had to research all their 24+ pets.

And we still don't know if the 4 mobs/pets attacking same target cap will be in or not.
I've already conceded the argument. Don't you have other things to do? I see lots of unauthentic developments on the forums. Here is an announcement that clearly violates your principles.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=335971

How dare they!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've already conceded the argument. Don't you have other things to do? I see lots of unauthentic developments on the forums. Here is an announcement that clearly violates your principles.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=335971

How dare they!
It's kinda creepy that is actually my old guildie from fennin. What are the chances?
Old 10-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kinda creepy that is actually my old guildie from fennin. What are the chances?
I joined a Discord channel the other day with a dozen or so names I haven't seen in years. I'm pretty psyched about playing with those guys again.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Orc

I edited down the spdat files from my Classic/Kunark discs to compare to the alt.games post.

This first link compares the 2-16-99 spdat referenced earlier in the thread to the 5-20-99 post.
Mostly seems like stuff that just wasn't ready when discs were printed.

The second compares 5-20-99 to a 3-14-00 spdat from the Kunark disc.

Some more interesting differences to be seen here. Of course Clarity/Insight, but also Berserker Spirit in place of Soul Bond, which reads like it was another tier of Alliance/Collab. Shrink, Bonds of Force, ResurrectionEffects?? all seem to be after May 99.

I didn't start playing until early 2000, so maybe some of these things are well known. Anyway, I can't wait for Green!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

oof i sense a can of worms being picked open right about now

we gonna need some more info on those animation pets, bonds of force, necro mez, mage pet procs
Old 10-12-2019, 07:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

944, 945, 946 in that second diff made me chuckle a bit.

Considering that statement that Geoffrey Z. left in the file is a half truth - most of it was hidden behind formulas, so he's not wrong but he's not right either.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-12-2019, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Screaming Terror isn't added until July 1999, as compensation for Verant removing charm/beguile from necros.

Already have a bug open for the mage pet (and necro pet) procs.

The ench animations I am actually not aware of. They did have pets at release though, I see comments about them in the mailing lists.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-12-2019 at 08:09 PM..
Old 10-12-2019, 08:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screaming Terror isn't added until July 1999, as compensation for Verant removing charm/beguile from necros.

Already have a bug open for the mage pet (and necro pet) procs.

The ench animations I am actually not aware of. They did have pets at release though, I see comments about them in the mailing lists.
Are you saying that Necro's will get the ability to Charm live mobs but have an additional fear instead of the 3 tick mesmerize?
Old 10-12-2019, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

I suspect that part of the confusion of memory is that since clarity is a level 29 spell and it used to take players a considerable amount of time to level there are many enchanters (even that started on launch day) that would never have realized clarity wasn't in game until after launch because when they finally got to 29 it had already been added in...not to mention that folks simply didn't even know the names of their own class spells yet, let alone the buffs they wanted to ask for by name from another class.
Closed Thread