Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

U can say what u want but I never once cried to have the rules changed

I was always pro less rules and less gm involvement

I was at the receiving end of more rule changes to contain me than I care to shake a stick at. Oh and then susp after the fact
Old 05-15-2021, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

So there you are, being all cool and normal.
Whistle all super clean and getting immersed, when BAM!
The GM's come by, change some rules and suspend you.
For no reason what so ever.

Sounds believable.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds believable.
When I played on red, bards would power level full groups. I would rapture the bard, train kills him and I get suspended. So as long as the bard keeps pulling, you cant touch him. Its dumb rules like this that kill pvp.

Outside of MQ and pulling trains on to people, everything else is game.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds believable.
sounds crazy doesnt it

but its happened to me multiple times now

gms see something they dont like

suspend first, then come out with new rules
Old 05-15-2021, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I played on red, bards would power level full groups. I would rapture the bard, train kills him and I get suspended. So as long as the bard keeps pulling, you cant touch him. Its dumb rules like this that kill pvp.

Outside of MQ and pulling trains on to people, everything else is game.
Yeah the bard kiting thing was shit, but thats over.

Outside of MQ and trains, pretty much everything is game. It isn't rocket surgery to understand the rules. Kill another player, fine. Engage a PvE mob to INTENTIONALLY kill another player, not so fine. If you are attacking the player and pve kills them, thems' is the breaks.

Problem is people branch over into PvE and pretend it is PvP, so adjustments are made.

2 dudes on a suicide run in to pell a raid mob so that the PVE mob wipes a raid isn't pvp. Disallowing that forces people to actually fight.... people.

Same two dudes can run in and smash a clerics face, wipe the raid and they are just fine.

Bringing 12 dudes to fight a raid and pelling the mob doesn't matter. 12 are going to wipe that raid regardless.

You listen to these guys in discord and it is clear they know exactly what they are doing.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would pay for a red 2.0
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 05-16-2021, 08:14 AM
Sarnak

So, there are GM's starting to look at Red? Great!

There is player, Twiggy that like to trains with NPC's lower level players. Players that he wouldn't be able to attack because of level gap. I experienced it personally. What is the point, but trying to make noobs life miserable? And if you say something about this in OOC, you get mocked by apex. "he got killed on PvP server and now he is crying" sort of responses. "you do understand you are on PvP server, right?"

How this helps keeping new players on the server? Who are trying to get their first pieces of gear. Now you have a corpse somewhere in dungeon you can't get to it by yourself, you lost an XP, by highly twinked player, that is so much higher level that can't attack you by PvP rules, yet he does it anyway with a NPC train. He was doing it for weeks and no one cared.

Tune was killing someone several times, over and over when that player was just trying to get to his corpse. Many apex players do. And for all this reasons, yes, it is about time, some GM's start looking into it and start banning. Tune, (and apex) what joy is killing naked person on a corpse run? You guys are such a heroes! Such a good players!

So what did I do after I experienced few NPC trains by highly twinked player way above my level? I went to TAKP for a while. I want to have fun, enjoy, life is hard enough. Why would I seek griefing? I don't get it, what joy player gets by trying to make miserable life to someone else, by keep killing someone over and over who is only trying to get his corpse? What are these players in real life? Sadists? Mentally ill?

Or, you are so twinked so OP, that attacked player few levels bellow you in rags has 0 chances out of 1000 enounters with you. What is the point? You really enjoy this? Like being level 50 and then go to beginner area and start leveling up there, one NPC at a time? Would you really enjoy this? No? But going after someone who has 0 chances that makes you happy? You think this makes you A BAD ASS GREAT PLAYER?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
That being said, there is some good PvP going on. Alcoholics!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoot out to members of Alcoholics. Thats what PvP should be. They are the real players. They engage in PvP, but after the fight, they don't try to make your life miserable. You are free to go to get your corpse. Member of Alcoholics guild may even give you a hand after the fight. Salt are good guild also.

Prass Alcoholics and ban those pricks at apex. (I heard, there are few good players at apex, so exception for those of course) apex is main reason for some players to leave Red and apex is main reason population is so small. apex is cancer. Server would do much better if apex and most apex members would be permanently banned.

p.s.
no this is not a rant, just pointing out few facts....
Last edited by pivo; 05-16-2021 at 08:42 AM..
Old 05-16-2021, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

Pivo sounds like he lost a more then a few times on a pvp server, back to blue bud.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pivo sounds like he lost a more then a few times on a pvp server, back to blue bud.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tune was killing someone several times, over and over when that player was just trying to get to his corpse.
where / when was this?

i dont even play enough to corpse camp some one like that indefinitely, or even care

the few times i did pvp outside a raid setting, well, u can lns

its a pvp server dood