Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Orc

Default Steamfont DC issue

I ported to Steamfont and was disconnected. Every time I try to log into a char in Steamfont I am disconnected. I am, however, able to log into other characters. Is this an issue anyone else is having?

I also made a new character and tried to zone into Steamfont and was immediately DCd.

I also made a post with this same information in Server Chat so that others would be aware and not try to zone in.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Large Rat

I am having the exact same issue! was fine last night but when I tried to login today same thing happened to me.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Most of the time it's you not the server. Rename logs, and replace steamfont flies with one known not to be possibly corrupted.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Orc

I apologize for my ignorance, but what do you mean when you say "rename logs". Are you referring to the folder itself?
Old 08-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Orc

I have also deleted all of the steamfont files and reextracted them from the original files and I still seem to be disconnecting
Old 08-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Your fine. If you are running with /log on when you enter the game soemtimes that will crash single players.

Go into the logs folder then take the txt file that has the specific chars name on it and remove it from the folder or rename it.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

I have had this issue, in Steamfont and in a few other zones. It seemed to trace back to the firewall settings on my modem. I randomly get the issue if my firewall is set to anything other than "off", but when I turn it off, I can reconnect to those zones. However, I can later turn the firewall back on, and get into those zones fine. So it's not consistently an issue. I have the ports set on my modem so I don't know if certain zones sometimes occupy ports that are outside the range I have set and that's why it's intermittent. I don't know nearly enough about the subject to be able to correct it for good.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Orc

Log file removed and renamed. P99 Steamfont file reinstalled and still disconnected on entry. I disabled my firewall and tried to log back in. Still disconnected.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Large Rat

I'm having identical issue. Same zone and everything
Old 08-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

The zone is down. It's affecting multiple people. Sit tight and the devs will restore it.

-Mcoy