Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2021, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

She ain't getting my vote unless she finds her tits.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

Old 03-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Banned

Old 03-09-2021, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Only 904 more posts and I'll be loved like Scheherazade
Old 03-09-2021, 09:02 PM
Banned

Old 03-09-2021, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentarro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Holocaust" is a word that is typically used to portray one event in human history, most people don't refer to a slaughter of things as a holocaust, like for example, the Armenian Genocide.

From my experience, when I was "new" to the server, I didn't think Dark Men of Odus was racist at all, or trying to insinuate anything. It seemed like a Erudite RP guild so I didn't engage with them because I wasn't into RP.

So would Alex Afrasiabi be racist because his character's name was Furor? If you don't know who that is, he was the GM of the original Fires of Heaven, and now works for Blizzard.
Holocaust: Destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war.

Includes but is not limited to, just like it immediately brings to mind wwII. Again, this just underscores the other point about semantics and ambiguity being the name of the game.

I also thought the same about DMO and even considered joining until I recognized certain players were in it who were consistantly active.

The judge and jury keep the server running. The rest of us, most being no more than witnesses, all have different accounts of what happens here.

I've never interacted with Alex Afrasiabi in game or IRL, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions mat. I have interacted with these players however. So you see, it's this mat with really only one conclusion that I can jump to.

That said, this isn't the plot of Minority Report, where team good guys predicts and hunts down all racist people everywhere. Because, even if that were possible, most everyone would be guilty to some extent. But when confronted directly with questionable behavior, it's worthwhile to raise questions, even if that means being trolled in the process. The only ones who know the answer are those who were punished and, to a lesser extent, those who punished them.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe that's what *barks* meant all along, if we could speak dog.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I go to bed. Wake up. Go to work. Have dinner and check this thread and there's 16 more pages. Glad to see you dorks working around the clock on this one. Keep it up!
*Dweebs.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

A better example than the previous metaphor, though connotation won't make sense of "our ass is in the jackpot", context still explains the ruling.

https://youtu.be/bn28Dz4RUxc

https://youtu.be/rQMIPY2c7NY

"I wasn't trying to touch the bag (be part of a legit guild), this is what I do, I slide hard (troll) and try to break up the play and maybe went in a little too hard."

"Knee to the head for Utley."

"This is what baseball used to be."
Closed Thread