Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Default Level 20-ish warrior gear?

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to play a human warrior. I'm currently level 20, farming wisps in NK to help level my wife's druid up so we can play together more seriously.

So far my gear has been 100% what I've managed to make via tailoring. Tattered stuff. I have one or two bits I've looted off of dead guards, but until recently I was 100% Tattered.

While farming gnoll fangs in BB for my wife's character, I found the Spiked Collar and Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads, which are pretty substantial upgrades over what I previously had, and I got them for free from mobs that I had no problem killing.

Browsing the wiki's gear lists, though.. it's really hard to tell at a glance what gear is obtainable, and what isn't. So I'd like to ask here to see if anyone remembers any gear I can get around level 20 that'd be worth getting. I get excited when I am browsing the gear lists, find a nice 5 AC +3 STR pair of boots.. only to find they drop in a level 50 zone or something, haha.

Once my wife hits 29 or whatever level it is, we'll teleport to WC and buy some stuff in EC, but until then I'd like to know if there's anything obvious I am missing out on!

Thanks.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 05-25-2018, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Need more info.

Only items from killing by yourself? Buying? Willing to go somewhere besides western Antonica?
Old 05-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Preferably closer than walking all the way to EC, since yeah.. when we can get to EC I can probably just buy some level appropriate stuff, right?

Edit: If there isn't really anything like that tho, some level 30ish stuff I can look forward to buying would still be fun to read [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Old 05-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Fungus

Bad ass on the baking fwiw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] - fellow warrior main 1st toon + baker.

Honestly your best bet is to farm the willow wisps and save cash until you get to EC - hand in Greater Lightstones to the gypsy https://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid (then sell her back the Concordance of Research) and head to EC as soon as you can, the gear you'll be able to buy for cheap in EC will be wildly better than anything you can get off mobs until mid 30's.

Once you start levelling in Mistmoore, group with your wife and others in Graveyard and you'll be able to get a Crested Helm and Crested Spaulders (I'd actually recommend you sell the Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads to an enchanter in EC for 250pp or so). Once you move up to the CE you'll be able to get a Hooded Black Cloak, also a great warrior item.

In general, big priority would be to get a good base line weapon in EC - Green Jade Broadsword, Staff of Battle, Jarsath Trident, Silken Whip of Strangulation, Jagged Long Sword for between 100-500pp.

I wrote up a guide to gearing a first time warrior that you may find useful!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...hlight=gearing
Old 05-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Kobold

You basically should prioritize...

1. Early weapons that will last you to 40-50's when you'll have the cash to buy a Frostbringer (the list I gave you will all do the trick).
2. Banded or Crafted Armor + HP Rings 55 / 65hp
3. Tier 1 haste - Flowing Black Silk Sash 2.8-3k or Silver Chitin Hand Wraps 1-1.2k
4. Midrange Magic Armor - Barbed Dragonscale Boots / Mithril Plated Girth / Crystal Chitin Armplates / Skull shaped Barbute
5. Join a raiding guild / fight in Arena for SS / Thurg Armor + Start saving cash for a Tier 2 haste item

Boom
Old 05-25-2018, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You basically should prioritize...

1. Early weapons that will last you to 40-50's when you'll have the cash to buy a Frostbringer (the list I gave you will all do the trick).
2. Banded or Crafted Armor + HP Rings 55 / 65hp
3. Tier 1 haste - Flowing Black Silk Sash 2.8-3k or Silver Chitin Hand Wraps 1-1.2k
4. Midrange Magic Armor - Barbed Dragonscale Boots / Mithril Plated Girth / Crystal Chitin Armplates / Skull shaped Barbute
5. Join a raiding guild / fight in Arena for SS / Thurg Armor + Start saving cash for a Tier 2 haste item

Boom
Old 05-26-2018, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Sent you a pm I can donate you some extra crustacean shell armor if you can login during my play hours
Old 05-26-2018, 06:19 AM
Kobold

Awesome, thank you everyone! This has been a lot more helpful than I even anticipated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Looking forward to Mistmoore.

Closed Thread