Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Druids duo Ragefire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKup...ature=youtu.be

Clutch 55 man Tunare kill, only one attempt was possible with zone respawning if attempt failed:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=278260
Old 05-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Old 05-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this is "epic" by other's standards, but it sure was to mine.

I am staring at track as I run back, and I am not careful with my footing. I fall down the pit..
Been there, done that. Many times. Fortunately it was back when lguk was more popular so the frogs were usually dead =)
Old 05-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's your most epic fight on this box?

the best story will win a prize of 10Kpp. i'll choose a winner by the end of Memorial Day.
Eashan dinging after wiping 2x Blue ToV crawl.

But seriously, my most epic fight on this box was a solo experience in Howling Stones North. So there I was, fully buffed and pulling 3-4 mobs by sending in a pet and pulling agro. Only this time, there were 2 adds that popped up behind me that agroed and HT’d. I got off a stun and an AoE Mez, but am at like, 75% HP with no Runes up. Then, charm breaks. I get beat on. Down to 30% HP with 5 mobs all staring at me. I stun, AoE Mez again, recharm pet and get everything rooted. Rune myself and suicide pet, then continue to keep it all on lock down while I change up pets and kill the rest for XP. Went back to ramp and troll formed up while I med and catch my breath.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

afk on red server under Bb docks. Attacked by a paladin.

After 15 mins of being auto attacked my character finally perishes.

I get a port and am back at corpse within 5 mins.

Dude literally wasted 15 mins of his playtime to inconvenience me by 5... I say I win that encounter by 10 mins!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a video game -- no fights matter or are important.
Sory about your mental illness.
From an even broader perspective, and just to further elaborate the point ... Nothing at all really matters, in game or out of it .

NOTHING AT ALL ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-24-2018, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

I once ported a baby iksar to west commonlands, met him in EJ and he had a bunch of gear on so I assumed he was higher level, he never asked for invis or anything so I just hit the port spell.

He was dead before I even loaded in, I killed him without even dueling him and with only port spells on my bar
Old 05-25-2018, 02:15 AM
Kobold

884532, did I win yet?
Old 05-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Mine are a bit different op.

Most epic fight on classic:

As young dwarf I travelled Norrath a lot, even as a newb I knew some mobs of the same consider colour could vary a little in strength.

The boat I was on stopped at an island on the way to freeport. I saw a blue con "vampire bat"....

I couldn't resist fighting it, getting some exp mid journey and enjoying a good fight.

I pulled the bat onto the boat.

The bat was strong, I put a good dent in it but I was losing. I panicked. I realised I had no place to go! I couldn't outrun the bat probably and even if I could there was no ZL to run to! And you can't outswim monsters!

Suddenly I'm knocked unconcious! My health bar goes purple, I contemplate what a terrible mistake I've made! I'm tensing up waiting for the you have died "loading please wait" message that always follows.....

*Adam Curtis Voice* Only this time something strange happened.... *Adam Curtis Voice*

At that exact moment the boat starts moving!! It jolts forward! I was shocked at the weird timing and seeing the boat move from a side on arial view but I didn't think anything else of it...

I didn't know the relative speed of the Bat versus the boat. I assume a badass beast like this would be faster... either way, the bat is *ON* the boat regardless right?

Well... perhaps due to it's flying nature or NPC status it didn't count because it didn't seem to be moving in correlation with the boat but I still assume it's faster, and probably only needs one more hit on me anyway!

The boat lurches, he jumps and so on, I'm on the edge of my seat.... I realise he's gradually losing ground! I'm just out of reach of his jaws!

He dissapears from view and Tobius stands on his feet! The boat eventually zones to freeport and I breathe a sigh of relief....

If classic doesn't count and you want P99 specifically:

I just learned to charm and fear on my bard, Cenwood. I never swarm/aoe kite, it's immersion breaking that mobs would gradually die w/o changing their tactics...

I was using one gnoll outside paw to hurt another than fearing both and cutting them down myself!

This time though I accidently annoyed a third gnoll, and took great injuries, in the end I had one gnoll left on a scrap of health and I was left with a larger scrap, the gnoll however hit harder... it would be a sudden death JOUST!

I thought about having the slow gnolls chase me while I healed myself, but I began to worry I might get attacked by something else, I also felt get because it felt cheaty to do that.

I decided I'd be a brave hero and go for it. I charged trying to time it so a song would hit at the same time as my swords!

I hear a loud sound that startles me before I can really proccess what it is! I expected the crunch preceeding the "LOADING" text....

A fraction of a second after this sound the gnoll falls and I am left standing!

The sound was the Iconic everquest DING! I didn't realise I was one kill away! I left the commons there and then. No topping that! Onwards, to Velious!

I had many epic battles with guildies over the years, but I never took as much pride in them as simple ones like that because in guilds you aren't really contributing much individually...
Old 05-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

The battle went back and forth; swings, dual wields, quads!

Misses, dodges, parries!

The caverns echoed with the cries of battle!

Crippling blows and emergency first aid.

It was a close call, but eventually I laid that monstrous creature to rest. DING!

TLDR:

Probably that time I soloed an xp green sonic bat on my 59 warrior when I accidently delevelled.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread