Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Exclamation Mental Health

Hey folks,

I've been a player on this server for a while on and off. I've only really been at it regularly for the past year. In that time, I've been reminded that P99 is much more than a video game. It's a community. Many of you have met each other and formed very real friendships. The memories you create together are, of course, very real and meaningful. The accomplishments in game give us a justifiable sense of pride in our very real hearts.

I've been thinking a lot about this server, why it is so special, and who finds the most meaning in it. Nostalgia is a very important thing for some people. For many of us, the present time may be full of stress, poor health, toxic relationships, unfulfilling jobs, heartbreak, and any number of other negative factors. I, myself, deal with depression (the happy-go-lucky tunnel guy?! yup... me too). It comes and goes. I find that, when it comes, I am much more inclined to spend a lot more time playing immersive video games (and sleeping too much and eating fast food). This server is a special place. It is an escape for so many of us. And for so many players on this server, the past is where its preferable to be. These raids may bring some players back to a time in their lives when things were simpler. Running through an old zone may help someone to feel more connected to a person they may have lost in their life. These things matter.

Sometimes, unfortunately, we're not always great at managing our mental health. Sometimes, unfortunately, we get pulled into cycles of treating other people poorly, projecting our own insecurities onto others, and abdicating our responsibility for our own behavior. Sometimes it takes the form of trolling. The point is, this server and this incredible sense of nostalgia and connection to our past is something that attracts many types of players, including those who may feel broken, hopeless, angry, sad, alone, abandoned, etc.

I just want to remind everyone reading this post that you are not only a part of this community, you're integral to this community. More than that, this community is here for you. I'm here for you. Feel free to vent about your work day here, share an uplifting story, memory, etc. Feel free to ask for help here. Feel free to be open and honest here. Some may troll, hopefully not. But if they do, try to understand that they are probably hurting even more than you. Anyway, hopefully this reminds everyone to take care of themselves and that it's never too late to look inward, take stock, and begin to work on yourself. You can be whatever version of yourself you want to be.

If anyone needs help finding a therapist who takes their insurance, feel free to check out THIS WEBSITE. You can enter your ZIP code and it'll list therapists near you, their specialties, and their accepted insurance plans. If you don't have insurance but still want to find a therapist, CLICK HERE to check out some resources that will help you to get the care you deserve.

Love yourself, people. And be kind to each other.

<3 Oct
Last edited by Octavian; 05-12-2018 at 08:12 PM..
Old 05-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Banned

Im not clicking that shit and RnF is my therapist.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Be the version of yourself that doesn't use that serif font.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be the version of yourself that doesn't use that serif font.
Book Antiqua... the most elegant of fonts.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

At least he didn't use Comic Sans
Old 05-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Papyrus needs to be an option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYm_2oCVdSM
Old 05-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great video

We liking IMPACT font better?
Old 05-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

good video, we don't have the proper resources to handle what hes talking about. many of the mental health facilities shut down in mid 80's to early 90's, the money was allocated elsewhere. whats the point in mental health, in w/e country, if there are still zealots ready to oppress/kill you all over the world. Humanity has a long way to go before we can start caring for such things on a proper scale.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can be whatever version of yourself you want to be.

<3 Oct
i want to be the batman version of me. super rich and beating up the mentally ill.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good video, we don't have the proper resources to handle what hes talking about. many of the mental health facilities shut down in mid 80's to early 90's, the money was allocated elsewhere. whats the point in mental health, in w/e country, if there are still zealots ready to oppress/kill you all over the world. Humanity has a long way to go before we can start caring for such things on a proper scale.
I'm curious what you mean. You're saying that, because there are people elsewhere in the world who would do us harm, we shouldn't focus on our health? That seems counter intuitive to me. If other people in the world mean to harm our health, we should put extra care and focus toward protecting our health, no? Personally, I think whether or not anyone means us harm, we should still care about our well being and put as much effort and as many resources toward it as possible.