Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i want to be the batman version of me. super rich and beating up the mentally ill.
He kind of did that, didn't he... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2018, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good video, we don't have the proper resources to handle what hes talking about. many of the mental health facilities shut down in mid 80's to early 90's, the money was allocated elsewhere. whats the point in mental health, in w/e country, if there are still zealots ready to oppress/kill you all over the world. Humanity has a long way to go before we can start caring for such things on a proper scale.
Another wave of closings happened around 2006(?) or so, at least in the midwest. Agreed though, it would be a massive undertaking and unlikely to happen as he mentioned to towards the end.
Last edited by Ennewi; 05-13-2018 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Unnecessary use of commas.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

I will give you this as a gift: https://youtu.be/h2SdD9ECLn4
Also, good luck dodging the trolls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

xx
Old 05-13-2018, 12:30 AM
Banned

"self love" is very important to mental health. you can't really "love" anyone else properly unless you practice "self loving" religiously. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2018, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"self love" is very important to mental health. you can't really "love" anyone else properly unless you practice "self loving" religiously. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On that basis it's very important to do this by getting your epic quicker than your friends get theirs ^^
Old 05-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

Closing of mental health facilities across the US = direct correlation with rise of EQ. The evidence is conclusive friends. EQ is officially a virtual insane asylum.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Kobold

I'm sorry, but your post is too well-spoken, mature, thoughtful, and heartfelt for this forum. I'm afraid its meaning will be lost by most of its readers. I applaud your reaching out, however. I, for one, enjoyed it and agree with your assessments of the community, its significance, and the game's relationship to mental health issues.

Respectfully,

Yoxodo the necro
Old 05-14-2018, 02:21 PM
Banned

Chasing pixels = insanity

It's true, folks.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Orc

Rants and flames is this way:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=30
Old 05-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey folks,

I've been a player on this server for a while on and off. I've only really been at it regularly for the past year. In that time, I've been reminded that P99 is much more than a video game. It's a community. Many of you have met each other and formed very real friendships. The memories you create together are, of course, very real and meaningful. The accomplishments in game give us a justifiable sense of pride in our very real hearts.

I've been thinking a lot about this server, why it is so special, and who finds the most meaning in it. Nostalgia is a very important thing for some people. For many of us, the present time may be full of stress, poor health, toxic relationships, unfulfilling jobs, heartbreak, and any number of other negative factors. I, myself, deal with depression (the happy-go-lucky tunnel guy?! yup... me too). It comes and goes. I find that, when it comes, I am much more inclined to spend a lot more time playing immersive video games (and sleeping too much and eating fast food). This server is a special place. It is an escape for so many of us. And for so many players on this server, the past is where its preferable to be. These raids may bring some players back to a time in their lives when things were simpler. Running through an old zone may help someone to feel more connected to a person they may have lost in their life. These things matter.

Sometimes, unfortunately, we're not always great at managing our mental health. Sometimes, unfortunately, we get pulled into cycles of treating other people poorly, projecting our own insecurities onto others, and abdicating our responsibility for our own behavior. Sometimes it takes the form of trolling. The point is, this server and this incredible sense of nostalgia and connection to our past is something that attracts many types of players, including those who may feel broken, hopeless, angry, sad, alone, abandoned, etc.

I just want to remind everyone reading this post that you are not only a part of this community, you're integral to this community. More than that, this community is here for you. I'm here for you. Feel free to vent about your work day here, share an uplifting story, memory, etc. Feel free to ask for help here. Feel free to be open and honest here. Some may troll, hopefully not. But if they do, try to understand that they are probably hurting even more than you. Anyway, hopefully this reminds everyone to take care of themselves and that it's never too late to look inward, take stock, and begin to work on yourself. You can be whatever version of yourself you want to be.

If anyone needs help finding a therapist who takes their insurance, feel free to check out THIS WEBSITE. You can enter your ZIP code and it'll list therapists near you, their specialties, and their accepted insurance plans. If you don't have insurance but still want to find a therapist, CLICK HERE to check out some resources that will help you to get the care you deserve.

Love yourself, people. And be kind to each other.

Well said good stuff 8)

<3 Oct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Papyrus needs to be an option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYm_2oCVdSM
Yay Ennewi, nice video and any comming from you soon maybe? Hope all is well and thxs for all the past vids 8)
Closed Thread